Sign in to follow this  
Guest R_Driscoll

New San Fran models database

Guest R_Driscoll

This is a replacement comprehensive database for the San Fran region, and contains latest models from Hans Petter, Andy, Jon and Agtim - thanks to you all for your invaluable contributions in keeping this sim flying. Installation instructions are included in the ZIP distribution file, but simply it is delete your existing regionsSanFranGEN folder and replace it with the GEN folder in the ZIP. I would appreciate any early reports of problems. It runs well on my machine but if there are mistakes I would like to fix them and resubmit a corrected version quickly. Conversely, any reports that it works will be warmly received! The database is also suitable for the UK-South region and contains models for UK packages.RobD.

Guest glidernut

RobD.I dont think much of this outfits rusty old hanger, it looks like its spent 6 munthsat the botum of the sea.Nouw I know what Jon was on about when he sed he had to moov his aircraf aboutevery time it raned.You call that compitition ?No chance.Theres no way you are going to fix them holes in that roof.Well not while T_rex is there any way.Good news and bad news.The good news is, I found your pasport, and Iv sent it to you.The bad news is, Iv sent it via a Cumpany calling itself"Globl Transport Ltd" that has a cachy slogon that gos sumthing like"You Pakem we teckem".But now I see what a shody outfit this is, you may never see your pasport agen.glidernut.:-wave

Guest R_Driscoll

So many insults at once! OK, glidernut, I see I have to explain a few things. And if my writing is a bit wobbly, its because I have been exiled from Australia as an illegal boat person and am currently on my way to Indonesia, and the boat's rocking a bit. Firstly, the slogan is "You Packem we Stackem", a clear reference to the neat and tidy way that cargo is handled and transported. But this is just a start-up company - when I've made my first million the challenge to your globalistic monopoly will really start. And you say the hangar's no good???!! Sure, its a bit rusty, but it never spent 6 months at the bottom of the ocean! No way. It was two weeks, max. Less, I think. And if the crane hadn't toppled over unloading it at the wharf, just before that big hurricane came throughAnyway, that's not important. A bit of paint, a touch of new roofing, and we'll see who has the best glider franchise in the UK. Ha! Eat my rust. I mean dust (whoops). Now let's see, I still need a cheap glider ... and some gliding lessons, hmmm.But that's all held up at the moment. I was trying to row back to Tasmania (since I don't have my passport - I thought I could sneak in around the eastern fishing ports) when this coast guard patrol came up. Now see what you've done! Grrrrrr.Thanks for checking out the model database and giving the all clear - that's wonderful news. This model set is much bigger than the Seattle one, and includes the Seattle models in San Fran colours (again thanks to Hans Petter for a massive amount of conversion work).Regards,RobD.Oh, and do you mind moving your T-Rex away from my new hangar?

Guest evansgg

Robert,I think I am about to trade in my computers on sewing machines! I have been trying to download the new models database and it keeps asking me for a username and password. I put in my avsim ones and it tells me that they are incorrect. Is there a trick to getting this download or have I got a security settings problem on my pc? Any ideas would be gratefully accepted. I also have not been able to get a second FUIII going on the same hd to run Switzerland but that is a different story.

You can post messages but you can't download from the library? That's weird since you don't have to log on to download files. It may very well be a firewall issue, meaning that your "sentry" won't accept anything trying to access your PC. If you're attempting to download from a PC at work this may be due to your firm's policy but if you're experiencing the problems with a home PC this is really strange.Hans Petter

Guest evansgg

Thanks but it was a system glitch. Seems to have worked fine this evening. Maybe the number of users affects the download activity?

Guest R_Driscoll

I'm very glad that you've managed to sort out the problem. I was very puzzled there for a moment.RobD(Padang)