Sign in to follow this  
Guest TFT1

Runway asign with fled

Guest TFT1

Hallo friends,anyone knows how to influence the activ runway with fled or the fbo.cfg? Or is this allways random or did you discover how fu3 is handling the selection of the activ runway. ALL WITH NO WIND!Many Thanks for thinking about it.SincerelyTFT :-roll

Guest R_Driscoll

I think Chris knows the answers here. But as a first try, you edit the runways in the FLed/objects/airport menu, double-clicking on the green end-of-runway boxes. If you set up multiple runways, then I think the first defined becomes the default (or is it the last)? You can also set types of planes, circuits and directions of circuits here.You can do more configuring by double-clicking on the airport definition box. Here you can choose ILS. I'm doing this from memory as I don't have FU3 installed at work (which is where I am). So correct me guys if I've got this back the front.I still believe wind determines landing direction - I am often re-routed to different ends if its a bit windy upstairs. I am not sure if it affects runway choice as well, or only takeoff direction.RobD.

Guest CaptRolo

ILS has priority and then you can define which type of aircraft may use runway . Others will be assigned another runway . Wind doesn't seem to effect heavys.CaptRolo

Guest TFT1

Hi,thanks both of you for your reply.The takeoff or landing direction on a runway with an airport with just one runway is determined where? In fled or in bfo.cfg? And how do I influence that.By the way atis gives me wind-changed-takeoff-direction only when winds up to 35-40 knts, and than it says wind at 10 or 15. You have the same bug?ThxTFT

TFT,With respect to a single runway non-ILS airport, if you want to change the active runway, you can simply tick the ILS box for that particular runway. Just don't enter any numbers for the frequency. For example, if the runway is 12/30, and 12 is currently active, just highlight the green runway end icon for runway 30 in FLED, and then tick the ILS box. FU3 will then use runway 30 as the active runway.You can of course use this technique for multiple runway non-ILS airports. As for existing ILS airports, if there is only one approach with ILS, then switch the ILS fequency to the opposite runway, or indeed to ANY runway at the airport. So long as there is only ONE ILS approach, you can get FU3 to use ANY runway as active.The same technique should work at airports with TWO active runways, except that you would need to make sure that BOTH opposite approaches were activated.I am not totally familiar with ILS approaches in FU3, but I assume that the AI can handle changes of this sort. The above comments are based on my own experiences using FLED, but I have really only applied the technique in the first paragraph (I changed the active runway at Coupeville NOLF).Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest TFT1

Hi Chris,that technique works nicely.Only the runway-center-lights are not switching direktion to (white and red lights for runway remaining)Do you know how to handle a glide slope in fled to make it function?Or anyone else knows that?ThxTFT

Guest Robs

No FU3 at work...kinda frown upon I suppose.Something about "unprofessional" and "company property" and "virus risk"...nobady looks at the IT departments machines (They have the time to make every fu3 file hidden!!)

Guest Robs

No FU3 at work...kinda frown upon I suppose.Something about "unprofessional" and "company property" and "virus risk"...nobady looks at the IT departments machines (They have the time to make every fu3 file hidden!!)

Guest TFT1

Hi Chris,the trick with the ils works perfect. With that i could get the Rwy 08 at Olympia as activ. :-jumpy Just the SEA Rwy 34R for departure I can not get to work. I canceled all other ILS 34L 16R 16L, but still the Ground wants me to go to RWY 34L.I read once somthing has to do with the Rwy length. Is that the problem? :-hmmm SincerelyTFT

Guest Rich Wren

Hi TFT,I wrote a small HowTo to go with the UK South beacons package. The first revision of the beacon package in in the library but I've lost the link to where the current version is, maybe someone else can help? I don't think that the HowTo will have changed significantly though, have a look through it and it should provide you with enough info to get you going.Cheers,Rich.

You also need to exclude ALL traffic from 34L. This is done in the same window as that used to tick the ILS box. Tick all three boxes for 34L, and you should then be forced to use 34R.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest TFT1

Hi Chris,the employes at sea airport ground departement are really hard minded. x:-)I ticked all boxes to exclude traffic at 34L and also the ILS.Works fine for the players plane. Is sent to 34R. B U T, all the other traffic now is going to the 34L. I think the ground control does

Make sure that the boxes for 34R are correctly designated. FLED sometimes messes around with this kind of thing, and you may well find that it has excluded transport planes from 34R ! Just fiddle around until everything works :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png