Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ansgar

the last Concordes are retired now...

Guest Ansgar

Hello together,the beautiful original Concorde is retired now since yesterday 17:00 o

The Concorde is coming along well!I just noticed the tail wheel -- is this a safety precaution to save a tail strike?best regards,Hans Petter

Guest Ansgar

Hello Hans, yes, thats the so called "tail bumper". I hope you would like to make some testflights for me if it

Guest TFT1

Hi Ansgar,your concord is fantastic. But fantastic in the screenshots are also the clouds. How can you get them so nice? Could you place your cfg?ThxTFT

Guest glidernut

She is looking very good.Youv got mor details at the gears than I thort you could.cumong along very nicely.glidernut.:-wave

Guest juvat2

Hello All,Been working out of town for a long while. Have not been able to enjoy all of your latest ugrades to FUIII. My poor ole lap top just wouldn't be able to cope with it.Though they've retired Concorde, I see she lives on through Ansgars genious. I look forward to flying her. If she's anything as sublime as flying his 747; I know he will have added many-many more years of life to FUIII again.I have been watching the Discovery Wings channel show of the Concordes history. So ver-very enthralling. I imagine the only folks who could possibly feel joy in her demise would be those in the "biz" jet market. Here in FUIII; she'll fly again.You all take care,JimB.

Guest CaptRolo

Ansgar; Looking good a beautiful lady she is. I'm looking forward to the finished mod . so we can fly at mach 2CaptRolo

Guest qvdg

Ansgar, She is indeed very impressive. The detail on the gears is fantastic. You are giving the old girl a new lease of life. I can't wait !Cheers, :) QvdG

Ansgar,I personally feel that it is important to eventually have a realistic looking Concorde cockpit, even if this is something that we cannot achieve in the short term. Of course, a decent VFR cockpit is also recommended ;-)Don't worry about the problems regarding supersonic flight at 50,000+ feet. Just make sure that it flies properly at 200 knots and 3,000 feet :-lolChris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Ansgar

Hi Pete,thank you for that link. I noticed this already at the 24 october when I looked into BBC news to find any good video or so. But their link to the video doesn

Guest R_Driscoll

Using a 747 cockpit is fine for the short term. But I would love to have the old-fashioned historically accurate cockpit - this would be my preference. I did make a cockpit for FU3 once. It was dreadful. I decided my skills were somewhere else (like most of my belongings - they're always somewhere else as well). But just a tad of adjustment is acceptable to give Chris a good view in F2 mode at slow speed :-) RobD.

Ansgar,We wouldn't need to model the Concorde cockpit so accurately that we can hardly see out of the windows ! Let's face it, most of the default plane VFR cockpits provide far more of a view than the real planes do, so 100 per cent realism isn't always a great idea ;-)It would be nice to have a complete set of realistic Concorde cockpit views though, including the IFR cockpit.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png