Sign in to follow this  
Guest TFT1

Ranger Creek Update

Guest TFT1

Hi all,Chris samll airports are looking great.Just had problems with Ranger Creek. Doubble runway and so. Could not get rid of it, so I made one my self and uploaded it to the file libray.Enjoy :-waveTFT

Thanks for pointing that out. It seems that I uploaded my modified Ranger Creek package without realising it. However, you can remove the original runway with FLED. Use the FIND function in the Objects menu to search for the RANGER model (this is the runway itself), delete it, and then SAVE. My new Ranger Creek package has a copy of the runway in the CORRECT location (the FU3 default runway is NOT where it should be).Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest TFT1

Hi Chris,will you say I have done the work for nothing, because the runway is not where it should be?SincerelyTFT

The default runway is not located in the correct position when compared to the REAL runway. The runway in my upgraded Ranger Creek package corrects this.I assume that your own package uses the default runway ?Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest TFT1

Hi Chris,thats right.I could not figure out how to handle your ranger creek package, because it has allways overlap of runways and airport.SincerelyTFT

Guest TFT1

Hi,just uploaded version 2 of Ranger Creek, with the correct placement of the runway as Chris suggested. Added also moving bus for tourists. Useing runway 15 to get down with bigger planes full of hunters. x:-)Masstourism. :-outtaEnjoyTFT

TFT,Bear in mind here that every user of your new package will also have to remove the default runway model using FLED. In other words, they will have the same problem that you did when you installed my package :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest TFT1

Hi Chris,I found the file with the ranger-runway. Its in region/seattle/models the file M0AHAB.MOD. So you could, as I did now, add this modifyed file to your hole package and the doubble runway is gone.Personal modification in this file are modifyed too. To replace this file is the decision of oneself.SincerelyTFT

Heinz,Each user will still need to delete the default runway model. You cannot delete it for them, since it is part of every FU3 installation.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest glidernut

I think TFT is right.If he deletes the default runway useing FLED, and then givs us the modifyed M0AHAB.MOD file,then the rest of us dont havto use FLED to get rid of it.I think!?!?glidernut.:-wave

Guest TFT1

Hello,I uploaded the latest version with the modifyed M0AHAB.MOD file.You can install it and comment if the ranger runway is doubble or not. So we know if it works or not. But as this is the file everyone should have in his region/seattle/model folder, it should work.Please let me know.ThanksTFT

Heinz,Are you saying that you have actually modified the M0AHAB.MOD file, and then included it in your package ? In other words, it will simply overwrite the existing file ?Hmm, that would be a nice solution.....Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Glidernut is right. But deleting/replacing the file you make all changes inside the megatile. So you may see changes at other place if they were done.B.Adamski

Guest TFT1

Hi Chris and BA.,thats right.All changes I made in the main file, will be changed also in the personal version of each one useing it. I wrote this also in the readme file in the uploaded package. Make a copy of the model file and if to find out once there is achange you don