Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonpoint

There's a new glider in the hangar...

Guest jonpoint

Dear All,Just to let you know I've posted the Blanik L-13 Beta in the library, along with scenery packages, models and sounds to give you the best experience possible ;)Here's some shots to whet your appetite. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/47934.jpgWhoops Rob, forgot about the coffeeeeeeeee...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/47935.jpgThe last rays of sun above the mountains.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/47936.jpgAh! There's the Snickers bar I lost - on the canopy!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/47939.jpgI hope you enjoy a new side to FU3 :-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest R_Driscoll

Well that's one smart looking machine! I look forward to trying out the L13 and Lewis Valley! Congrats again Jon!RobD.

C'est magnifique! Now I've really got to rediscover those Seattle mountain ridges and get the hang of slope lift. Thank you Jon :-)Hans Petter

Guest twsimfan

Looks great Jon... thanks for the great work. :)

Guest Staggerwing

VERY pretty, thanks so much :-)

Guest jonpoint

Thanks, All ;)Anyone FLOWN it yet? I had a lot of retries when uploading it, I just need to know it works for someone else.PS My apologies - the textfile fell out somewhere, leaving only the DOC file :-grr:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Yes, it flies! I "miracled" it up from a mountain and took off, heading for Coupeville Nolf. I'm presently (currently) using Glidernut's winter and here's a screenshot:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/48068.jpgWe may want to darken the blue, to make the water match the "outer terrain" water.Anyway, the Blanik flies nicely. The only problem is that after a "miracle up" it seems that any landing turns out to be a crash.Secondly, with Chris Low's Seattle 2004 installed I had to cull a couple of airports to make room for the packages that came with the Blanik. Any suggestions to which ones we can do without?best regards,Hans Petter

Guest jonpoint

HP,Yes, winter water should be darker! In fact, photos I've seen of the area in winter show a lot of contrast. The trees are darker, so is the ground (due to the angle of light). Only where the snow is becomes white. What we need is to leave the trees alone a bit and try to get the ground white. It's all fun ;)Yes, the miracle gives you a crash :-( Actually, if you are starting from a strip, you no longer have to miracle at all. Start from a runway end, hit full throttle(!!?!) and release the brakes. It's in the manual.As to which airports to lose (there's only one the set, the other package doesn't have an airport in it), I'll leave that to you but here's what I do:* Create separate folders on the desktop for 'gliding', 'night/heavy' and 'normal'.* In each folder, create 2 more folders, one called 'airports', the other called 'packages'.* Copy ALL your 'normal' airports (i.e. not gliding or OT) and packages into the 'normal' folder.* Copy only airports and packages that relate to gliding into the 'gliding' folder.* For 'night/heavy', I just include the major (ILS) airports and their associated packages. This helps greatly at night and when flying intoout of the area.* When you want to go gliding, delete all the files in your FU3 regionsseattleairports and packages folders and replace with the copies from your desktop. Voila! One lean and mean FU3 ;) You can always copy them back from the 'normal' folder later.This may seem complex but I like my framerates! For example, using the 'night' settings (which removes all the smaller strips and packages) improves bad-weather performance by 4-5fps. Why have models running around (or on the ground) when you cannot see them? For example, I have a package full of power pylons (~100 = 7000 polygons). At night I remove it entirely.BTW, sometimes I get AI hangups but I just 'esc' or 'ctrl+break' them away :-rollJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest glidernut

At last, we hav a seconed glider for what is the best slope soring experiancein any flight simulater there has ever been.The high number of dounlodes dusant supriz me at all, the only thing thissim is short of is gliders to take advantage of the best slope soring experiance in the hole werld.And what a glider! acuret in every deetale, she looks splended.Youv dun a grand job Jon. Evan the crashed model is the best I hav ever seen, what with the canapyopen like that its ezeyer to get out of the recage. Its briliant.Thanks Jon, the Blanik is a work of art.PS, the models that cum with it are briliant too.glidernut.:-wave

Guest Ansgar

Dear Jon,I second that statements from Glidernut!That is again a real masterpiece of work from you, my full respect!!! The 3d model and it

Wahoo! A new glider. Way to go Jon! :-jumpyPeter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums ModeratorRenegade/Seawolf Design Group (RSDG)[table border=2 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=1][tr][td][table border=0 cellpadding=8 cellspacing=0][tr][td bgcolor=#6f0000]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75t.gif[/td][td align="center" bgcolor=#FFFFF6]Bush Flying Unlimited"At home in the wild"Looking for adventure? Come join us! * [link:bfu.avsim.net|Web Site] * [link:www.cafepress.com/bfu,bfu2,bfu3,bfu4|BFU Store] * [link:bfu.avsim.net/join.htm]Join!][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table

Guest jonpoint

Thanks to all for the kind words. To those of you that have emailed me, I thankyou for your mail but why not get an Avsim login and post your comments and screenshots here instead? Whilst I do appreciate that you wish to share your thoughts with me, the FU3 'community' here at Avsim would also appreciate your involvement very much!Besides, I have sooooo many screenshots and such that I'm hitting my inbox limit nearly every day. By all means, send smaller (640x480) shots or, better still, post them on Avsim.To those of you that don't know what I'm talking about, I often get direct email from users asking questions or showing me their latest flight. Suddenly, since the L-13 release, I have to clear my inbox twice daily! I appreciate that many people's English is not perfect but there are many non-English-speaking members here and it would be really nice to have some voices from China, Taiwan, Singapore and the Phillipines - or Brazil (Hiya, Pedal!). Please, give it a go. If you have problems with setting-up, either read the notes or email Avsim direct.Again, thanks to all - CYA in the sky ;):-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Hans,Have you tried removing a few of the "extra airport" folders ? These seem to be added to the number of airport icons for the Seattle region, even when they are not displayed on the map.I apologise for my next comment, but.....well......that screenshot isn't exactly the best example that I have ever seen. Of course, it has nothing to do with you. It's just that weird colour scheme that you are using for the textures, and the horrible demarcation line between the high resolution scenery and the outer terrain.Brrr.....it made me shiver all over ;-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Yes, that screenshot wasn't pretty but I was trying to kill two birds with one stone. Since I've been trying to work on the season-specific palettes I wanted to to illustrate where the current winter palette is lacking. I included that horrible demarcation line to show that we really need to do something in the blue department to make this worthwhile. Glidernut skewed the entire palette towards white, in effect bleaching out all the hues. I'll try to darken the blues. Hans Petter

Hans,The "horrible demarcation line" comment was just me having a cheap stab at the outer terrain scenery again :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png