Sign in to follow this  
Guest Slicer

Hello!

Guest Slicer

Hi!:-wave I'd just like to say hi to every one as i am a :-newbie to this fourm and i would like to ask what you guys think are the best thing to download from the file libaryThanks Slicer

Guest R_Driscoll

Welcome to the forum! I hope that you stay long and join in the discussions. What do you want to download? Is your interest planes, scenery, or something else? Here's some starting points:PLANES: some brilliant planes have been developed for FU3. Here is a short list by author (and I have not included everyone - there's well over a hundred planes there now):Ansgar Avermeyer: B747, DC3, Baron(also search for Ansgar's AI planes upgrade - its excellent and should be an automatic download on anyone's list)Jon Point: Blanik glider, Dash 8Steve Hess: repaints and superb cockpit upgrades, eg Red BaronAnd there are many others: a malibu, microlite, cub, Lear 45, cherokee, blimp, a couple of boats, Goose, etc etc.SCENERY: search for Chris Low's San Fran "mega-pack" for the San Fran region, and many scenery sets are available for the Seattle region. Contact Cristian (Quaxo) for details on new scenery areas.MODELS: download recent model collections for San Fran and Seattle regions. These expand the number of objects modelled in the FU3 world, replacing the original model databases. If you are interested in creating your own scenery packages (using FLED), there are many other model sets available in the library as well (eg Jon Point has released some excellent model sets recently). Even if you don't use the Flight Editor FLED, these models are used in many of the scenery packages so are worth getting.CONFIGURATION FILES: download my "flt3.cfg" file (search for my name) for improved weather effects, variable hazing, sunrise/sunsets etc. Or contact Jon Point directly for the latest and best version of this.All of these have easy installation instructions and will greatly enhance your FU3 flying experience. Gliding is an important aspect of the sim (and is still not modelled correctly in FS2004 so is worth trying out here) and you should contact our resident glider expert, glidernut, for advice on this. Jon Point has recently uploaded a complete glider/scenery package for ridge soaring that will knock your socks off.Well, there's a starting point. I'm sure other Oldie's will have suggestions to make as well. Contact me directly if you want more help. Also there was a recent article by Chris Low in Computer Pilot that you should see, giving stacks of helpful advice for setting up FU3, and with many of these downloads on the cover disk.RobD.

Just a quick note to say that the article is actually in Issue 25 of PC Pilot :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest jonpoint

Rob,You forgot the GeeBees! Oh, that's right - you still think they're a band! How could I forget you arriving at the airport with a curly wig on, dressed in glitter flares and platforms - only to find that it was an AIRCRAFT we were there to see? Sure got Mike's attention :-lolBTW Talk about new planes, I took two(!) newbies for a fly last night. The DHC6 is finally flying, although I haven't textured it yet. Lands on a dime, er, 5 cents. Next 'cab off the rank' was the T6, which is finally looking like one (that canopy is @&%$#* - but then I'm trying to open and close it with a spoiler command...) and I'm just using the GeeBee sounds right now. The F4U (Corsair) is a bit behind these. These latter two (T6 & F4U) are 'available' for texturing and callsigns soon - and this time I mean it! If someone doesn't help out with them they'll look pretty sad for a few months. I expect many would prefer 'racing' liveries so we should start 'pooling' some for the F4U.:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest R_Driscoll

Jon, I wish you'd stop talking about my curly wig and flairs. I've been trying to keep that a secret. One small slip and you're branded for life .... Anyway, I deny everything that I did that day.Yes, thanks for the corrections. The old brain ain't what it used to be, and I'm doing this from memory at work. But I think the disk with FU3 freeware is also coming out on Computer Pilot as from this issue.As to the BG's, yes, I do get them mixed up with the music group. Back in the days when I was young, and dinosaurs roamed the earth, they were my favourite rock group. After plagioclases of course.Slicer, I hope you're not still here listening to all this rubbish? I expect you're here to straighten us out (especially Jon - he flies in circles when landing). But then, this whole forum is entitled to state aid as a natural disaster region. Welcome again! :-) RobD.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/48382.jpgTake off from SEATAC airport in Ansgar's Jumbohttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/48383.jpgTerminator guarding my amphibian Renegade.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/48384.jpgAnother perfect landing at Jon's Clare's Valley airfield (nosewheel went missing after impact with fence).http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/48385.jpgOh, I love the nightlife ...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/48386.jpgReady for another hard day's night.Cheers,

Guest Slicer

Thanks For the list of contacts and downloads. I'll start downloading now!

Guest Slicer

Guest Slicer

Guest Slicer

Guest Slicer

Guest Slicer

How did that happen?:-bang Must Kill Multi Post Bug