Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lindy

PC Pilot magazine

Guest Lindy

I bought the newest issue of PC Pilot yesterday (Saturday). On the CD it has a bunch of FU3 freeware offerings, much of which I understand came from the talented folks here at the forum. However imagine my surprise to find it has the "Big Red" Beech Baron repaint. I've flown the real "Big Red" and know its owner. A nicer twin I'd never hope to fly. I wasn't even aware that Red's owner used FU3 (and maybe he doesn't), but it was certainly great to see Red immortalized on the CD. Big Red is now included in FU3, MSFS 2K2 and I believe there may be a repaint for Fly!2 and possibly even Pro Pilot.Way to go... "Tallpilot" :-hah-Lindy :-wave

Well, I got a lot of photos from Ed Weber and did the livery as well as all the cockpit views except the panel. The current panel is a generic Baron panel by Tom Wunder but Steve Hess is working on a panel that's totally based on the "Big Red". As far as I know Ed doesn't have FU3 and hasn't seen his sim aircraft in action. I've posted quite a few screenshots here in the past and may post some more once Steve uploads his "Big Red" panel. So, why the "Big Red"? It was a host of circumstances that led me to contact Ed Weber. Basically, I wanted a comprehensive collection of photos of a real Baron. Sure, one may find a lot of "for sale" photos on the internet but they all tend to be taken from the same angles. We needed to contact and stay in touch with somebody who would provide all the cockpit "flightsim views" and who was willing to pass on photos of his Baron from all angles and perspectives. Ed turned out to our man :-)best regards,Hans Petter

Guest Lindy

Hans, you did a great job on the repaint. I know Ed uses FS2K2 and ProPilot. I'm not sure if he "upgraded" to FS09 though. Ed and his wife are both terrific people, and I'm pleased to have been able to meet them and count them as friends. I'm not sure how he came to start calling his plane "Big Red" -- I suppose it started gradually because the livery is white/red.-Lindy