Sign in to follow this  
KnightFlyer

Upgraded Video Drivers w/o restarting..

I just upgraded to the new 29.42 Dets. I played FS2k2 before restarting. After restart, all my options were the same in NVMax. Did anything go wrong?BTW those drivers were WQHL CertifiedSpecs:Athlon 600256MB PC133 RAMG4MX440Thanks! :)

Guest SoarPics

If you are running any version prior to NVMax 4.0 there is a possibility the new drivers can't be configured using this tweaker.Sadly, the developers have ceased all work on the NVMax tweaker. You might want to look into Rivatuner or the GTU. There is a GTU out now that includes a help file.Go here: http://www.guru3d.comHope this helps,

Guest Max Cowgill

>I just upgraded to the new 29.42 Dets. I played FS2k2 before >restarting. After restart, all my options were the same in >NVMax. Did anything go wrong? >>BTW those drivers were WQHL Certified >>Specs: >Athlon 600 >256MB PC133 RAM >G4MX440 >>Thanks! :) If you didn't restart Windows after installing the new drivers, they won't have taken effect - hence the little dialog box you get after installing new drivers "Windows must be restarted for these changes to take effect" ;)Max Cowgill

You really should read the instructions ;-)You need to completely UNINSTALL the current nVidia drivers before installing new nVidia drivers. Thats why there is an uninstall option.What generally happens is that people don't, and they end up with mixed versions of the drivers installed, and things don't work properly, since various files could not be replaced due to their locked status and the driver install fails silently (not errors reported).Installation takes at least 2 reboots (once to uninstall, once post installation). Cheating doesn't buy you anything but headaches.Ray

RayAccording to the instructions from nVidia, uninstalling isn't necessary with the self-installing (.exe) drivers. Can't say if this likelly to cause problems as I always uninstall anyway.David

Guest Max Cowgill

Argh!! What the heck was I thinking? I could've sworn you said you hadn't rebooted your comp, hence my previous response... Anyway, you do need to uninstall previous drivers *just to be safe* (no matter what Nvidia says) before installing new drivers. Max Cowgill

thanks for the replies! :) I see nothing wrong with my video at all. I guess it's becuase I wrote this post at 10:56PM hehe and didn't eat dinner OR lunch LoL! :-doh :-lolI go :-hang before you guys get to me first ;-)What hunger can do to you..Time to go eat :-spam1Cya!:-spacecraft