Sign in to follow this  
Guest olympic2

Screenshots in FU3

Guest olympic2

Hi all,Could someone advise what program/s are being used to compile screenshots in FU3. I have tried several (PaintShop/Corel/MSPaint/MWSnap) but the only thing that seems to happens is that I shut down FU3, without getting my screenshot.Appreciate advice.Cheers

Guest jonpoint

You don't need any program! Just hit ctrl+alt+p and you'll find the shots after in your Flight3 folder as bitmaps. The shots are saved in the current screen resolution i.e. a 1024x768 screen is ~2.45megs. You can save as many as you want and the sim hardly blinks when you do it - so no worries about lockups etc ;)I would recommend Corel Photopaint for post-shot editing (resizing to 700x525 for uploads etc) as it has better anti-aliasing than the others you listed. Any version will do - I use 9.BTW, there ARE screen 'recorders' availab;le for recording DirectX video to AVI files BUT.... I haven't found one that works with FU3 yet :-(Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest Motormouse

If you haven't already got one, inside your main flt3 folder create a new text file called 'joykeys.cfg'copy and paste this line into the 'joykeys.cfg' and 'hey presto'single key screenshots when you push the F11 key on your keyboard !! key_f11 console func Print_Screen:-wavePeteps If you don't want to use F11 key,just change the ## in designator key_## to the one you wish to use.

Guest R_Driscoll

Motormouse, that's brilliant! I can never remember which keys to use and this will help a lot!RobD.

Guest Allan_D

Hi Pete,Thank's, that's a good tip for folks that have been using there keyboard to do things,I've been using "Game Commander" for the last 4 years with FU3,I never touch my keyboard when flying.All I have to say is "Snap" and then go get the pic.That's Important if your flying above the normal flight level, the SR71 becomes very unstable above 18 miles I can't let go of the controls to take a pic. :-lol This shot is over the Golden gate but I am way to high to see it. http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/49220.jpgIt becomes a lot more important if you need to land on the ball park roof South of Seattle, you really don't have time to move your hand off your controls, http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/49224.jpgHave Fun :-newburnAllan and Puppyhttp://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

Guest jonpoint

Well OK, since we're talking operator setups, I have a button on my 'custom flightpad' (an old MS Sidewinder cut apart to give me some buttons, a prop pitch control and a second, 'hand rudder' for when you're too lazy to reach the pedals) which I program through the Sidewinder software to hit 'CTRL+ALT+P' when if FU3.These kinda pads are great because the settings are retained in software and can be different for each application - also, no need to modify standard bindings ;) . For example, my 'screenshot' button is programmed to work in a few apps. This saves remembering which capture keys do which for what app. I also have my pitch adjustments, gear, flaps and park brake there too for good measure!I find this preferable to modifying the standard keyboard bindings because I create a lot of stuff here and need to know it's stable with people's standard setups. For example, in the early days of the L-13, I configured a 'launch' button (engine start, full throttle, brakes off, trim up) but gave it up because others would need a programmable 'stick to use it.:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

I have used the screen recorder "FRAPS" with FU3 with no problems.You have to make sure the framerate is high enough because capturing video is very demanding and will slow the sim down further. If the sim stutters when you capture video, the video will also stutter.Here's a test video I did using only free programs. Sorry for the cheesy transition effects, I was just trying them out :DI used the free version of FRAPS (the older version is free, the newer one costs some), and Movie Maker 2 which can be downloaded for free if you have Windows XP.http://home.swipnet.se/~w-84952/video/video.wmv

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest olympic2

Hi all,Thanks for all that advice.Looks like more time online downloading some more goodies.

Guest CaptRolo

Jimmy G : looks real good . Nice video editing . CaptRolo