Sign in to follow this  
Guest harry3

Getting the EFIS dark?

Guest harry3

Hi!I try to update the EFIS of the wonderful King Air 350 for FU3 a bit.One thing is to get the EFIS dark if the battery is off.I've tried to lay a battery switch onto the EADI, which is transparent if battery is on and black if battery is off. This works good as long as the EADI doesn't move. If it moves, both images(black screen and EFIS behind it) are shown! Is there any possibility to give the different gauges priorities? This would also be very good as I then could built a EFIS with more functions, e.g. I could put a LOC and GS onto the EADI.I couldn't find any possibility in FU3 Cockpit Designer to give gauges priorities! Is there any chance to do this?Regards,Harry :-)

Guest harry3

Is there no way to do so?If it's not possible, just answer and say 'no', that I know I don't have to try around any more !Regards,Harry

Guest glidernut

HarryI dont fuly understand what it is you are trying to do!I dont know what a EFIS is? I dont know what a EADI is? I dont know what LOC and GS are.I only fly the gliders, and even then, I hardly ever look at the instrements.Having sed that, with a little imagenation, it is posibl to do unusual things.For instance, I hav managed to tern an instrament needl into a small stationery window that changes couler insted of a rotateing needl.Things that might help your creativity in Cockpit Designer inclood the abilatyto create an (Extra View), which can be any size, and be put anywhere, and beany couler, inclooding transparant, and hav as meny instuments on it as you like.Also the abilaty of a bitmap or (Extra View) to hide whats underneeth it at the clik of a mous is usefal.glidernut.

Guest jonpoint

Harry,I'm not sure if you can do what you want to do (I know what you want to do - darken instrument faces when unpowered).At least, not in the Baron/DC3/B350/Goose/Dash8/Twin Otter (where'd THAT come from?). They only have two sets of panels - night and day. If you make the night panel unlit, you can't see anything.I certainly would like to sort it though, at the moment, the only multi with lit/unlit panels is the B400/747/BAe146. I'd love to be able to get ability to use them everywhere ;)Now, that said, John's suggestion of using an extra view may help, if you link some functions together. You could have a darkened EFIS as an extra view bitmap that sits in front of the existing EFIS. Place the 'switch' for the extra view over a 'fake' master power switch. The only trick is, it's all visual - you cannot actually link the extra view to the power switch (although you could put the toggle in the extra view only - forcing you to open the extra view to turn it on).Just some ideas :-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest harry3

Hi!Thanks for all your answers!I'll try a bit around in my x-max holidays next week. The main problem in FU3 cockpit design is that you can't make completly new gauges as in MSFSxxxx. If Looking Glass had implanted a little scripting language to make gauges, everything would be much easier. Because with just a few functions you could built very good new gauges. Making a gauge invisible in MSFS if power is turned off is written in one or two lines.But if the EFIS doesn't get dark I can live with it. I'll try to add some functions as glide slope and loc.>>I dont know what a EFIS is? >>I dont know what a EADI is? EFIS means electronic flight information system. nothing more than normal instruments in your gliders, just in digital format.EADI is the artificial horizon, but also in digital format.e.g. this is an EADI(of a Boeing 737):http://www.b737.org.uk/eadi.jpgBest regards,Harry