Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Roger Wilco

Guest Jet

Undertaking the learning curve for Vatsim...hopefully this will not be too painful.Anyway am tryin to download Roger Wilco and note the $19.95 registration fee.Do I have a choice here or is this part of the expense of setting up roger Wilco and everyone els has absorbed this cost before also for live ATC...which I can't wait for!!!!!!Thanks,

No you do not have to purchase it. You can run the shareware version and it operates just fine without any problems. You can, however purchase it - but I would spend my money on aircraft.Happy Contrails!!!!Brian

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

You have another option...Go to the VATSIM-UK site at http://www.vatsim-uk.net/and point yourself to the downloads section.Below the sector files for ProController you will see a link to aprevious version of RogerWilco which is without spyware, completelyfreeware and that works perfectly!That's the version most online pilots use.Cheers,George DorkofikisAthens, Hellas

Guest Jet

Thanks for your replies guys...I knew I had options.Hope to hear you up there soon!!!!!Greg

Good to hear you got your mojo workingThere's hard evidence to show there's real advantages in NOT paying nor registering for online voice communications' softwareIn the past -- us honest mister-nice-guys -- ponied up the big-bucks only to see the vendor's stock rise and sell the product out from underneath us (can we all say Battlecom togther, suckers?) Keep your money, keep the stock down, and keep talking online for free -- that's the way I see it.Bill

Guest Jet

Downloaded Roger Wilco at the UK site...thanks.Instructions say the file must be re-named to a .exe file.How do I do that??Thanks.The file is sitting on my RWCDROM but I cannot open it...I assume this related to the re-naming issue.Thanks all,Greg

Yes Greg,Just replace the underscore at the end of the filename with the letter "e" to make it "exe vs "_xe"Then just run it.Oh, if you are referring about "how to do THAT", just find the file using Window's Explorer, RIGHT-CLICK on it and choose "Rename"(Yes, I know there is a dozen other ways to remane files, but that way is the easiest to explain...I think) :)Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Guest Jet

Thanks for that important info.!!It actually worked and I am on to my next phase of learning to use VATSIM!!!Thanks very, very much.Greg

Hey Greg,Forgot about this post, until I did a search, looking for something I wrote and it popped up again...:)I'm glad you got it working, hope to hear you soon up on VATSIM.Regards,Steve Dra (a.k.a DAL1068 on VATSIM)

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Guest Aeromachines

George:The page http://www.vatsim-uk.net does not seem to honor the Roger Wilco now. I don't know how old your post is, but I would like to find Roger Wilco in this pristine state. Can you help? Thanks.

Guest Aeromachines

That web site is not letting me see or download the Roger Wilco. If you can email me a copy I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Guest jwatch

I was in the same boat as Aeromachines. Found your link, it worked like a charm. Thanks! JW