Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

I have a problem........

The three screenshots below highlight my current problem. It seems that a few high resolution textures have become corrupted to the east south-east of Renton Municipal. Which files do I need to replace to sort this out ? Do I need to re-install FU3 ? I have actually tried the latter (installing from hard disk; the contents of each CD were copied into temporary folders), but the problem remains.Is this part of the Geotiles.tag file ? Is it part of the contents of the FLIGHT3/REGIONS/SEATTLE/MAPS folder ?Please help ! :-( Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Chris,It is a map problem. 1. Locate the megatile name using fled, look at the botom left corner and click in the text to change from coordinate to utm then to megatile.2. then check in the map folder and cdrom folder (compressed maps, .cpd) if all levels are there, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 for 6 and 7 there are groups so the name change but check just 0 to 4.3. you can load the level 0 into Genquadrant and then create aL0.tga picture, check if the picture is clean.4. Once megatile located, replace the files of this megatile.5. if the coarse dots are on all megatiles then your superpalette is corrupted (compress.bin in the map folder)hope this will help :-wave agtim

Agtim,I'm not sure what you mean. The MAPS folder in my FLIGHT3/REGIONS/SEATTLE folder contains files with 3,4,5,6 and 7 designations. The MAPS folder on the CD-ROM (CD#2) contains files with 0,1 and 2 designations. Are these related ?The megatile is afae.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest jonpoint

Chris,I have seen this before but I have never done anything about it, except ignore it of course!I just attribute it to altering weather or video settings whilst in-flight. Wouldn't be the first time I've exited back to FU3 and had a complete white-out! NFS does the same with my PCs (orange trees), so does MM2 (it maps the rider's jersey texture onto the ground :-eek ) so I've always assumed it to be the Nvidia card (hey, they're fast but can be strange sometimes).In my case, it always goes away on the next flight. I have some screenshots but you've already seen it ;) Also, sometimes my terrain texture will turn into a block of round dots, but only in small patches ~150yds square. Again, I don't believe this has happened to me on a 'normal' flight. Like you probably do, I make many abbreviated flights whilst checking things out ;)Haven't changed your video driver or DirectX, have you?:-wave******************* Jonathan Point *******************

Agtim,Since I have identified the megatile as AFAE, which files do I need to replace ? It is the HIGH RESOLUTION textures that seem to be corrupted. When I move away from the area, the lower resolution textures appear, and they are fine.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

You may recopy the file from cd with maps & watch if something is changed.High res file are in the folder CDROM & lower res files are in the region folder SANFRAN(SEATTLE)/MAPSB.Adamski

Which is the CDROM folder ? I don't seem to have a folder called CDROM on either of the two Seattle CD's. Maybe if I just replace the highest resolution textures for the megatile AFAE. Would those be L0afae ?Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Ahh, you mean the CDROM folder in the FLIGHT3 folder on the hard disk....right ? So, I copy the L0afae.cpd file from the SEATTLE/MAPS folder on CD#2 to the FLIGHT3/CDROM/SEATTLE/MAPS folder on the hard disk.Is that correct ?Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Well, if that IS the correct procedure, then it isn't working :-(HELP :-hmmm Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Is it the only error you noticed ?I don't know what's wrong, but try to reinstall graphic drivers. Wait a few days. It may repair itself. It's not big area.B.Adamski

This is the only location where I have noticed the corrupted textures. I re-installed FU3 completely, but the problem remains. I assume this means that either the files on the CD are corrupted, or it's some type of problem associated with my graphics card and/or drivers.Maybe I should try copying the relevant files from CD#2 of my second copy of FU3 ? I suppose that it's worth a try.....Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Chris,sorry was not in the forum the last days...copy all the level of the corrupted megatile back, not just L0...but l1, l2, l3 and l4 also.hope this will help.How do you see this area using FLED ? this is an indicator also. :-wave agtim