Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Was that tumbleweed ?

This place has been far too quiet over the past few weeks. I know that some of you are busy preparing the next update of the UK-South scenery region, but I miss everyone :-( Have you finished messing around in the garden yet, Ansgar ? }( Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest CaptRolo

Hey Chris ! I'm still around I finally got a weekend off and Get 2 weeks off for xmas . Will be driving to Colorado . I miss being around Too. To all you fellow pilots ------A merry merry Xmas CaptRolo

Guest Quaxo

Hehe, Chris, you're right... this has been a calm place lately! :-) Maybe all the Christmas rush, the UK project, and the rest are just eating up people's time... I have also been very very busy at work - (don't you just hate when real life starts to mess with your "virtual world"?) ;-)Anyway, I'd like to join Capt. Rolo in wishing a merry Christmas to everyone... But I'll probably be back to repeat my wishes when we're nearer to Christmas! :-)CheersCristian

Guest Ansgar

Hi Chris,hi all other well known friends around!Yes Chris, the garden is in main parts finished now. Only very few is still to do in the next day

Guest Stearman

Hi Chris and the rest, life is not always as desired, and family and job questions are certainly keeping me away from this lately.However, I am and will always be a FU3er, so I do keep an eye on the forum regularly, and I'm eagerly waiting for the Concorde and the Tiger Moth.Unfortunately enough I couldn't attend latest chat, but I intend to attend every chat from now one, as usual.In the meanwhile, happy Xmas to everyone here, and best regards.

Yes, I am looking forward to Ansgar's Concorde (including the AI version). In fact, I would love to see high detail versions of ALL of the AI planes. I have modified my AI environment to eliminate the Starship and F18, since I consider these two models to be far too basic and "ugly". The rest are acceptable...but they are no match for the astoundingly beautiful high detail planes.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

'tis the Season and many of us are quite busy. I haven't had much time for simming lately but I can I assure you that I want to be more active on this forum. How about January?Merry Christmas,Hans Petter

Guest jonpoint

Sorry, I've been rather busy - with FU3 this time ;)Apart from the Twin Otter (hopefully) arriving for test flights before Christmas, I have a few other planes coming, more(!) models and a couple of packages.Last night, for a change, I actually went for a planned flight in FU3 and I'm glad I did. Flew from Sequim to CVA, late afternoon. Climbed to 6kft and hugged the Olympics south until Lake Cushman then cut across below Mt Rainier and straight into lotsa rain. Visibilty was BAD as I flew south along the Cascades' western edge. Almost HIT Mt St Helen's but I tell you, that last few miles were great, descending into the dimly-lit landscape of cows, farmhouses and roads - all seen through the rain-battered windshield of the Twotter :-hah...wish I could get the wipers working ;)Ahhhh, love this sim - wipers or no wipers :-wave******************* Jonathan Point *******************

I haven't played FU3 in at least a MONTH. :-eek I think it's the longest break from FU3 since I I first installed the sim all those years ago.I've been flying X-Plane and Orbiter most of the time. I also did a few unimportant things in real life like getting a work and stuff :(I've also done a few VERY important things in real life, like buying a new monitor and ordering a CH Yoke.If anyone else is interested in X-Plane, I have a few screenshots posted at my webspace here (too lazy to resize them).http://home.swipnet.se/~w-84952/xplane/I feel myself comming back to FU3 soon for the fun factor, weather and ATC but X-Plane is great fun too, a real alternative to the evil MS sim...or something.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Jimmi,I am certainly interested in X-Plane. The reason for this is that the VFR Photographic Scenery is being released for this flight simulator. I need decent graphics before I am interested in anything these days, and this should fit the bill perfectly. Do you have version 7+ of X-Plane ? What are the differences between this and version 6 ? I had a quick look at version 6, but I was put off by the dismal graphics.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have version 7 (7.30 right now). I don't know what exactly is new for version 7.Generic scenery is still quite ugly (similar to FU3 outer region, maybe slightly better). I bought some replacement textures which improved things somewhat, but it's still not that good compard to FS2004. Weather is quite good, better than FU3, but FS2004 still has better looking weather. Of course, X-Plane actually SIMULATES weather, with thermals, turbulence, updrafts etc. You can fly gliders in X-Plane, just like in FU3.Some addons sceneries look very good, like:-ITA2 (Italy)-Switzerland 2.0-X-Plane Freeware Projet's Socal, Florida, Las Vegas and upcomming San Francisco scenery (looking forward to this one to see how it compares to FU2 SFO)Switzerland and Italy perform wonderfully on my system.Because of the way X-Plane handles photo-textures, the X-Plane Freeware Project sceneries are quite slow even on my system (128MB Radeon 9700 Pro, AthlonXP @ 2.2 GHz and 512MB of RAM). Hopefully, performance will be improved in future versions of X-Plane.I suggest you wait until the UK VFR scenery is released, before buying it or X-Plane. That way, you can read on the forums how it performs on people's systems. It's possible it will be too slow unless you own a Cray supercomputer or turn down every graphics setting to minimum.X-Plane is quite buggy, but new patches are released frequently, every 1-2 months on average so they are slowly being fixed, one by one. If you buy X-Plane, you get free upgrades for that version (from version 7.00 to 7.99). When X-Plane 8 is released, you'll have to pay for it again.I just checked X-Plane.com and X-Plane is on sale for half-off from november 27 to december 25 :) Don't know if they will have another half-off sale after that.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Chris, You'll be glad to know that a 7100 sq. km/2737 sq.miles, 4.8m/pixel demo will soon be released for the X-Plane UK scenery. I plan to download it as soon as I can and check it out. I should be able to post screenshots and report on framerate etc. Also, X-Plane Freeware Project is finishing their San Francisco photo scenery which looks pretty good but it's not as big as the FU2 region.Screenshots have been posted here.http://www.x-plane.org/cgi-bin/ikonboard/i...ct=ST;f=4;t=950

MSFS / XP