Sign in to follow this  
Guest joeboez

Thanks for the great memories Flight Unlimited!

Guest joeboez

From the age of 10 I was playing the Flight Unlimited series. Sadly, when Looking Glass died so did my interest in the Flight Unlimited Series. It

Guest Quaxo

Hey Joe, I too started with FU1 many years ago... And I still use it from time to time!!But anyway, as for the FU world, it's not just memories!! :-) FU3 is still more than alive... Just look at FU3 "out of the box", and then look at what it is now... I think it's almost a completely new sim! Look at the new aircrafts, which have a detail unthinkable in FU3's early days... Look at the new AI planes, and all the other new updates... I think it's amazing what FU3 has become! :-)CristianPS. Congrats for your PPL... It's still a dream I have, and, sooner or later... ;-)

Joe,Like Cristian said, FU3 is far from dead and gone. Why not retrieve your copy from the back of the cupboard, install it, and then come back here for a list of all of the add-on stuff that various members of this forum will recommend ? If you don't have your copy of FU3 any more, you can always get one from eBay :-)Chris Low.PS. If you do install FU3 once again, don't forget to get yourself a copy of the FU2 San Francisco scenery also. Both regions have been extensively upgraded since FU3 was released.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hello Joe!i'll second the statements above.I did also start my Sim.flights with the "fantastic Flight Unlimited"in ''95. and it continued all the way throught The internet friendsusing FU2 and FU3. The http://www.pierglass.com/ was a long time the favorite aviation of choice for many of us "old pilots".The FU3 forum here is spesial,-that means the fans of this serie has always been the most friendly forum of the internet that I know,-and the most talented people making addons for a sim that is dead for a company point of view.The source-code of the series is never released, but this seems not to stop addons for this old software.Just take a look into the FU3 library, and you will see what is possible.There is aircrafts and sceenery addons made for this more than you can imagine as freeware packages.Even More sceenery is available in first class graphics, and Cristian"quaxo" here in the forum can be contacted for further details.Well that's it for now.Some humor in the end:One day the pilot of a Cherokee 180 was told by the tower to hold short of the runway while a MD80 landed. The MD80 landed, rolled out, turnedaround, and taxied back past the Cherokee. Some quick-witted comedian in theMD80 crew got on the radio and said, "What a cute little plane. Didyou make it all by yourself?"Our hero the Cherokee pilot, not about to let the insult go by, came back with: "I made it out of MD80 parts. Another landing like that and I'll have enough parts for another one."Lars Peter.:-wave

Guest Motormouse

That kind of thing happens all the time,I was doing an engine run-up one evening at egff,taxiing the plane to the run-up bay, I spotted a large fox on the taxiway,chomping on an ex-rabbit or something, calling the tower to inform them, the radio exchange kinda went like this:Me:Tower,G-####, for your information sir, there is a large fox on taxiway 'Bravo' adjacent to the intersectionTower: Roger, thanksAirtours A320 just taxiing out: Do you want us to catch it?Tower: No he's an engineer, (meaning me) probably wants to eat it:-wavePete

Guest jonpoint

Or this - only at a glider meet!Settling in to the rear perch, about to buckle up.(Previous pilot) reaches in and starts fumbling around my legs. "Sorry mate, jus' lookin' for somethin'"(Me) What?(PP) "Aw, nuffin - just thought I'd left sumthin' 'ere".(Me) You right?(PP) "Yeah, it'll turn up later"(Instructor) "What was that about?"(Me) Dunno.Some time passes, unspectacular takeoff, woofy thermals collapsing everywhere. "Might as well pull a few tricks and head back down" says the instructor.(Me) OK, what we gonna do?(Instructor) "A bit of inverted flight to start"The usual 'eye-on-the-horizon' comment as I attempt not to go into a dive (again). So far, so good and the instructor gives me the signal to complete the roll back to 'normal' flight when something whizzes past my eyes and goes 'thunk' into the canopy. As I looked down I was horrified to see a large salad sandwich, freshly strewn from it's bag, all over the canopy, just behind the instructor's head! The instructor says "What was that, and why are we still upside down?"I said "look up!" - just as I rolled it back... :-lolFor Steve "Salad Hat" Brewers...It's all fun :-wave******************* Jonathan Point *******************