Sign in to follow this  
Guest juvat2

Fssv07 flight-TCM2PAE

Guest juvat2

Thought I'd post a couple a screen shot of a personalized welcome screen when landing at Paine-Everett. Also a shot of the log book showing reward for a successful flight. Got to buy some fuel now and maybe drop by the hanger and look into cost of equipment upgrades after a few more good flights.

Guest jonpoint

Neat, Jim!I have downloaded the latest FSS and hopefully will have some time to play with it over Christmas.It's about time I stopped hiding in the hangar/construction site/town planning office and went back to (pretending to) fly for a living ;)I can still say, after all this time, building planes, models and scenery is very enjoyable but nothing beats the feeling of completing a 'job' under arduous conditions. For years (ever since FS4) I have made-up job scenarios to make my planned flights more interesting. For me, FU3 gave me a whole new way of doing this. I still remember the first time I flew out of Medford towards Seattle and asked ATC for a direct heading. After an hour of night/rain flying, boy was I surprised to see the strip's lights right in front of me - even if I had to advance the hours a bit to see where I was taxiing :-lol:-wave******************* Jonathan Point *******************

Guest juvat2

It's always been all those things that have kept me enjoying Flight3 time after time. Gives a sense of accomplishment when flying, the weather file is one of those nasty t-storms, turbulence, night flight, sole companion is ever helpful atc, and then to see the pod come into view through the front in all its lit glory, landing, all the way to parking. Release that yoke sone, you made it. Yep, for me I get a feeling that I'd done well and always looking forward to the next challenge. One fine flight sim.JimB.

Guest zambani

I have to hand it to you Jim, with all the flight testing we've been doing since version 0.4 we've never pased $1100 in income.Way to go :-).One quetion about your log book entry. Is Paine field really that far from McChord. Or did you have to stay in a holding pattern before landing?RegardsDexter "DF/x" Kofahttp://www.dextech.com/services/fss

He must have been doing something strange. Even I can get from McChord AFB to Paine Field quicker than that.......and everyone knows just how slowly I fly ;-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Dann

I fly my family to various lunch or vacation spots. Should have seen the puzzled look on my wife's face when I told her where we'd been...but the 5 year old likes to help daddy fly.Dan

Guest juvat2

Yep, I charge hi-dollar. Got to let that meter work for me ya' know! Passengers didn't notice a thing. Just kidding. :)That is pretty crazy miles isn't it? I routed a trip with trip-maker, selected quickest and its only 69miles-1 1/2hrs up I-5, McChord AFB to Everette. Selecting sceneic was no different in miles. Here's a snap of the map, did a rough of the route I was told to fly. Couldn't possibly have been 195m and I don't think I was in the air the time indicated. Something to puzzle about and try and fix. Maybe first I'll log a flight plan and see what get's written in the log book.Irregardless this means that flight and the monies gained is no good. Got to figure out how to restart from scratch now. Dexter, deleting and re-installing Fss will start me out fresh at Olympia won't it?You all take care,JimB.

Guest juvat2

Logged a flt, was 43:54. Would've been longer as I was #7 on final. But, I went and landed safely anyway. Then ground had me hold short for about 10 at PAE 16r. Checked around with shift+p, saw no one landing or taking off so rolled on to parking. That reminded me that on the Fss flight, I had sat there for a very-very long while waiting for clearance to cross, never got it so I crossed anyway. I think I had waited close to 30minutes then before I lost patience. Departure had me flying a general heading of 333 to 336 from McChord to Paine, 2000ft.JimB.

Guest zambani

Jim,I'll fly that same route tonight and see if it's something on our end that wrong.As for the Reset, YES it will put you back at Olympia with only $900 and no extra equipment.Regards "DF/x" Kofa http://www.dextech.com/services/fss