Sign in to follow this  
Lars Peter

More screenshots.

Hello all.Hmm,- not many around here lately, so I made some FU3 flights postedat the "screenshot forum".Anyone else??:DTake care!Lars Peter. :-wave

Guest Allan_D

Lars,I agree there's not to many around here lately,I use FU3 for the fun stuff, Flying upside down, Landing in silly places, Like the Dome or the ball park or on the boats, buildings, etc.Maybe you still use my Oswald area once in awhile if you'd like to add some fun to your flight :-lolTalk about lively and active, I've never seen it's equalPlus FU3 has the best scenry add program so far. Fled is greatFlying inverted over My Yelm area. You might still have this scenery to play with?http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/53242.jpgBut I use that other game software if I just want to take a nice looking and realistic flight in the winter or summerhttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/53245.jpgI,m doing all of that with a 500 mh computer, V5 card. I have about 15 FR in FU3 with the sliders up.I have the FR target set at 15 in FS2 and the sliders about midrange it seems to maintain the rates,Cof I had to set the target at 13 and I still need to keep my sliders down.Have Fun :-newburnAllan and Puppyhttp://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

Guest jonpoint

Nice shots, H-P!I noticed my favourite aircraft too (no, I'm not biased, eh?). I suppose I should do the same as I have literally hundreds of them. I have posted quite a few shots over time but I find that the only feedback I used to get was 'do you have a version for MSFSxxxx?' or 'I downloaded it and tried pasting into MSFSxxxx but I can't find it in the aircraft menu...' To be fair though, I did send the GeeBee R2 3DS model to couple of people who wanted to redo the MSFS R2. This was amazing considering one of them had previously released one, saw mine, withdrew theirs then asked for the model! Pity there's no money in it...Alan, nice shots too - I always love shots of your Oswald package - it's like a 'where's Willy' poster! There's so much detail to find ;) I confess that my preferences with scenery are similar, hence my 'Clare's Valley' and 'Lewis Valley' packages (although I kept the model count down in Lewis Valley to preserve framerates, MY version at home has lots more). Once you start, where do you stop? I am doing a little 'thing' with Kapowsin right now (in the background, when I'm not working on one of those aircraft in your shot - the Twin Otter). Basically, I pulled into a pattern and noticed how, not far from the strip, the sense of activity stalls. I now have a nice package which allows one to approach, do the pattern, land and takeoff, all surrounded by a believable(!) level of activity. In real life, Kapowsin is an airpark with a very active skydiving centre. When it's done I'll email you a test copy ;)Cheers all :-wavePS I know it's quiet. I stopped posting things because I felt I was only 'blowing my horn' if nobody responded. We have some shy non-members who really should speak up and some very busy members who are too busy to post!******************* Jonathan Point *******************

Guest R_Driscoll

Excellent scenery, but the plane is ugly. Why point the tail down? It will get in the way when you land. And what are those large float-like things on top of the plane? No, this design will never catch on. You should go fly a muskrat or a beaver instead.Ah, but in FS2004 land its a white Christmas, whereas in FU3 land it looks more like a desert Christmas. I think you are still using the old palette for FU3? - its too yellow.Bye,RobD

Lars,They are very nice screenshots, particularly the Blanik one. I notice that you have a few hangars at Olympia. Can you tell me which models you are using there ?Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Whow!!A new post with only 3 lines, and the forum wakes up with a bang:-hah Allan.Yes I always use your packages together with the megapack made by Hennie. Thanks again for sending them over to me at the time.They are well stored on discs. ;)Chris.The buildings and hangars at Olympia are all standard LG models.That package in very old made by one of the early fledmakers in this forum. Made in Sweden I think :-roll Together with my mixed fled solution I am also using your latest 2004 Airports with the new parkinspots and AI traffic.Thanks for cleaning up all those hasty things made by LG.This all together makes it to a total different and exiting experience.Now with the talented modelmakers around, anything seems possible. Lars Peter.:-wave

Guest R_Driscoll

Given that these early packages were made with just the limited LGS set, they are excellent and highly detailed. Probably Lars Peter, your solution of blending the packages is the best, and maybe in the long term we can have a best solution published on AVSIM for everyone. I must admit that I haven't progressed in Seattle since the early days - I hit the icon limit when the "bush pilots" were producing a string of excellent packages, and I made a few packages myself at this stage, then added Chris' early AI package on top, and its fine for what I want. And I use Chris' packages exclusively in San Fran, even though I had to throw out some other people's packages (sorry to you guys!) including one I had just made of my own (at Moskowitz I think). SO now I', happy with the blend, but don't have much room to add or subtract new packages.But that was the old days with the limited model sets. Now we have more than tripled the number of models available, and most of the Seattle models are generic (i.e. not specific buildings) so can be used anywhere. I think its time for a group to get together and rebuild the Seattle region, maybe starting from Lars Peter's version? (not from scratch! - it would take too long). And yes, the Yelm package should be included - it is possibly the best single package ever made, since you can fly over such extensive distances with accurate model placement and excellent variety, better than autogen!But I say again, Hans Petter, you have to get your palette work finished and uploaded to avsim, with a brief front end package that allows you to change seasons easily. Now I know we can't match the specific seasonal modelling of MSFS (but at least we have more detailed less generic scenery to start with), but I think you have shown we can get a rough seasonal feel! Please don't stop this work. And for those of you who still haven't downloaded HPR's improved summer palette, shame on you! Get it while its hot. You will be amazed at the difference it makes.RobD.

Guest Allan_D

Hi Guys,JonathonThanks for your kind words and yes please send me a copy of your Kapowsin when finished. I'd love to check it outRobThem large float type things are my luggage boxes :-lolYour right about the Pallete I've never messed with thatThanks for the nice words about Yelm area, Feel free to add to that and reload it or anything else you'd like. Remember to add something in your readme that this can not be used with any other package that might for some reason include the Flying B, Purqupine MT, Etc.I spent so much time trying to help the newbees that I just took my stuff back out of the library.If you guys are serious about rebuilding Seattle area, I might join in to help you's, Providing every one is trying to work together.I can't see that every happening.LarsI was quite sure you had my packages, I'm glad to see you still enjoy them. Do you have my "Al's fishing Lodge" ? it's a nice little resort. If not I could send that to you if you'd like?It's pretty cold in Mi. tonight so took of for Hawaii to check out Mount Kilauea, I needed to see if it's still spilling lava,Yep, It looks fairly close to the real thing but it was 10 years ago that I seen it for real http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/53614.jpgHave Fun :-newburnAllan and Puppyhttp://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

Allan,I will not be releasing any other versions of my SEATTLE megapack in the future, so I would welcome a collaboration between everyone regarding this region. Perhaps we could all decide which particular existing packages from each developer could be used for this project, and then proceed from there.I would just like to point out two things.1. The days where some of my airfields had fictional names have long since passed.2. I have never deliberately tried to "force myself to the front of the queue". When I first started making small airfields, I wasn't fully aware that the rest of the FU3 community here were trying to work together. I was simply encouraged to start making my own stuff by Hennie Van Rooyen, and I was excited by the possibilities when I learned how to use FLED. If this caused any problems for existing developers, then I apologise. However, I would like to stop having to apologise over and over again. It gets very tiresome.Anyway, I will wait to see what the rest of the members here think about this. I know that Robert will be happy for this to happen, and that is enough for me to give the project my full support.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Allan_D

Chris,You don't have to say sorry to me ever again, what's done is water under the bridge. The options for FU3 packages are either your's or the rest of the FU3 world period. I don't have a problem with that.If you are saying sorry in a serious mode, there's a lot more guys you should say that to, not just me OK.And I don't need my name on any check in this Fu3 world either, I like my name to be on something more solid like this. :-lolhttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/53796.jpgYou have said several times before and again now, that Hennie Van Rooyen inspired you to build packages with fled. Have I missed something in FU3? I can't find any package that Hennie built. Please point me to one of them.I can find a lot of uploads by him of other peoples work combined into something that works together but not a single piece of scenery that he built.I was inspired by Capt. Bazza and Frank Betts. I learned real quick about how to work with fled. If you have any card that is not a Voodo shut off your 3D axcelerator before you work with fled, never work for more then 15 minutes without saving your work.The fastest way to work is to have a printed list of your fled objects right in front of you and if your trying to fill in large areas work in a grid pattern and never wider then your screen, You can plant a tree, then click back on the last house you placed. It'll bring the house choice into your fled window, place a house and then click on your last tree. It'll pop the tree option up. It get's to be very fast. I can plant trees and place houses faster then Glidernut can cut the trees down. I was sending John copies of Yelm while I was working on it, Also sent Copies to Pete and Bjorn because they have some very nice scenery in the area, John sold the timber off from that area and has since retired.If your really interested in making FU3 better then lets take a vote on the best stuff already here, and install them in one mega scenery, It can be your's with your name on it. I have no problem with that, but to make it better I think we need to clean up the library for FU3.And I will add that if someone asks where to find FU3 just burn them a copy and mail it. I've copied mine many times and sent it to many different places in the world.If any one wants to sue me for some kind of a copy write thing send me a private mail and I'll send you my name phone num. and address. If you and the rest of the guys would like to rebuild the whole area I'm willing to help. We could vote on the best packages in this area.Then go on from thereThat would mean you'd have to download and look at other peoples excellent work. Can you handle that?Have Fun :-newburnAllan and Puppyhttp://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

Allan,When I first joined AVSIM, I must have posted a message about add-on packages (I can't remember exactly what it was about). Anyway, I remember Hennie responding by suggesting that I start building my own packages, rather than waiting for others to build them. That is what inspired me to start using FLED, not anything that Hennie may or may not have developed.With respect to a "unified Seattle scenery megapack", it is Robert Driscoll who suggested this. I do not want to lead the project, and I have no problem if my name isn't mentioned anywhere in the final product. I am not sure, but you seem to be under the impression that I want to be remembered as THE person who was responsible for all of the FU3 scenery work in FU3. That is simply NOT TRUE. I have developed my own scenery packages to suit my particular tastes, and releasing them for the benefit of others is a nice bonus. It is NOTHING more than that.Since I did not suggest this undertaking, I do not see why I need to download anything. I am just willing to provide anything from my packages that others would like to see included in the final megapack.Like I said in my previous message, I will not be releasing any more of my own Seattle megapacks ever again. This would obviously not be in everyone's best interests if a combined project is to be attempted. For what it's worth (and I find it hard to understand why I need to do this), I apologise to all of those FU3 scenery developers of the past that I have somehow annoyed/frustrated/shunned/ignored with respect to the development of Seattle packages. There was NEVER a deliberate plan to push everyone else into the background, even though perhaps you (Allan) might think otherwise.I would love to hear the opinions of other members of this forum regarding this issue, because I respect a great deal of people here (including yourself, Allan).Have a great Christmas,Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Allan_D

Chris,Please lets start this discusion over again, It looks like I'm the one that always turns this into a flame war. I don't mean to do that. In fact if Tom or Bob what to remove a couple of my posts it would be Ok by me. I deserve a slap on my fingers.Fresh start Chris.Here's what I suggest to make our Seattle Area FU3 the very best.We should start with your lastest mega pack, all of us involved should have the same starting piont and you have done the most work with parking taxing areas AI planes and many other adds including most of yor scenery areas Then I would suggest that we look at every other piece of scenery that's ever been built. We should pick the best of each area and incorperate them into your Mega package.We should add Bazza's Airpark, maybe switch your flying B with mine. take a hard look at both our Liesurelands and pick the best one. I'd like to see my Oswald included, without the silly factor. You could possible add a AI plane going in and out of there. We need to add a lot of the other scenery from lots of good authours even if we need to leave the airport Icons out, Maybe we could add the other scenery Icons at those places.When we have everything working together with as many adds as we can make work then we could grid our map. and number the grids, Each of us take a number and fill that area in with 3D objects as best we can in between the scenerys.We could have FU3 autogen for real if we all worked together.When it was close to done I could build 1 fun pack for the whole area.Folks could have the option of adding that or not with this massive Scenery pack. We could clean up the folders from all these packages to keep the file size down, no pictures, no seperate readme, no seperate models, etc.Build one readme with simple to use instructions, 1 simple Package folder and the person is flying with the best of FU3 world.My ideas will not work if your not interested in helping with this.You have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year alsoHave Fun :-newburnAllan and Puppyhttp://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

Guest R_Driscoll

Well I'm guilty here too. But there isn't room for disagreements here any more, and its silly to compete for our own little bit of turf. I too was hurt by Chris' overwrites of my packages, but I know now that this was unintentional and that Chris wrote packages for his own fun. You didn't expect them to be so well received, and of course I'm jealous Chris that your package sets have been so well-regarded and have become the main packages for both San Fran and Seattle! But there's another issue - that you never intended to do this, and that you were unaware of most of the early packages (developed through a different site, Frank Bett's hangar). Most of us have settled down to pick and choose the packages we want, and newbies need a simple complete set to download quickly, rather than go through the slow set-up.So my apologies to everyone too. Time to move on. Both of you are extraordinary scenery creators and the sim owes a big debt to you and all of the others who have added so much.RobD.

Allan,OK, I am certainly interested in helping to organise which of the existing packages should be included in this megapack. I am well aware that your large scenery packs are highly regarded by the FU3 community, so I have no problem with these being included.We will need to organise a list of packages from all developers that could possibly be used in this megapack. Multiple versions of particular airfields can then be isolated, and a single version of each can then be selected by the entire FU3 community. When this has been done, the "clean-up process" can be started.Is anyone here prepared to sift through the FU3 file library to determine which packages should be included in the selection process ? I can provide a list of packages from Seattle 2004, although one or two will probably have to be removed due to alterations to the default geotiles.tag file (the terrain at Auburn Academy and Clover Park TC was flattened).Best Wishes,Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Allan_D

Chris,Thank you, lets start a new thread and ask for help from the FU3 scenery guys to see who else is willing to make this work. We can't do it all by oursevles. If a few others join in then I think we should all decide together how to proceed. I,m sure if there's some other help available this could work. we could end up with one package for FU3 Seattle that works for all. With every ones work combined. I will help all I can. But we would need some more help from the FU3 world. If it's just me worrying about this, I need to give it up.If any other FU3 scenery guys are liking this speak up now.Have Fun :-newburnAllan and Puppyhttp://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif