Sign in to follow this  
Guest juvat2

New 120gb ATA133 MAxtor-Santa came early

Guest juvat2

Well, wish me luck. Going to replace my existing 40gb boot drive with the 120gb.JimmyB is berwy-berwy worwied!!! :-violin

Guest Staggerwing

OH NO ! See you next year :-lolI think I'm going to go with two 80gb serial HD on my new system so that I can take advantage of the new "RAID" features. Whatever they are? *:-*

Hi!Yes I've also replaced the disc on my old P3 from 10 to 80GB.This old IBM computer runs everything with win.98SE, both new and old software including ms.2004,so- no need to change because Microsoft tells you to.I got a new 2,5 Ghz XP-computer from my job some months ago, but I don't like it. Overall win.98SE is I.M.O. better for most software available.that means the media and games performance.I did some tests with ms2004 on this old mashine , and this was running the sim very well with an old Voodoo 5 videocard, as long as you have 256mb.ram or higher.If I put in a new ATI card here, I think I will run the sim close up to the performance from a new XP-mashine.Connecting to network at your job -XP and win.2000 is perfect.Good luck with your upgrade!This is always exiting.Best regards.Lars Peter.:-wave