Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Seattle Scenery Megapack

Guest Allan_D

Rob.I could add to your idea by saying lets figure out where the blank areas still exist, Area's that could benefit from some 3D objects.Maybe then we could each take a different area and work at filling it with objects, Send them back and forth to each other to make sure nothing interfere's with each others area. FU3 autogen at it's best. Have Fun :-newburnAllan and Puppyhttp://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

Guest glidernut

Hang on hang on a minit, I am flatered to be nominated as sum sort of controler But I dont like responsabilaty in any shape or form!If I axepted such a role, I would be "sloly" shooting my silf in the foot.I mean I am beter at critisizing others than actualy doing anything usefall.Critisizing others is my one and only way of doing things.Its my one and only tactik in life.Take that awy from me and I am like a fish out of worter.If I axepted this responsabilaty I would hav to critisize my self!And that would never do!It would be like comiting sooisyd.I might even end up actualy having to do sum work or sumthing positiv.Bisieds, I dont think there can be a best icon-optimised configuration version Of FU3 mega package!Im sory, but what seems like an improovment to one person may be a retrigade stepto sumone els.I think there are as meny best configuration versions of FU3 as there are peoplthat fly FU3.I think the way forwerd is "NOT" to do an all singing all dansing mega packagethat would only work on sum computers and not on others, and would not be perfectfor any one person, and would be so mined boglingly dificalt to modify it to one,s owne persanal preferanses that thay wouldent even bother.The job of personalizing it, is so big its inormas, its as big as an errrrrmm, errrmmmmmmmm, Its as big as a very big thing. I think the way forwerd is to just uplowd one package to avsin at a time.And in this way, every one that instals it can chek where it is and if it workswith the rest of there setup, and personalize it in Fled, and diside wetheror not it sould hav an icon or not.To this end I would sergest that every individual package sould at leesthav an icon to bigin with, and that the icon is more or les in the midel of the package,even if the package is not an airport and only has models models.I hav tryed to cum up with a snap-shot of Seattle showing every icon of everypackage that has ever been prodused, in order to see the areas that could benifitfrom having sum models, But its all but imposibl.But its not nesosery to know this presisly, as I estimat about 95% of Seattle iswithout any models at all.PS, I could hav dun a package in the time its tacan me to right this,and I would hav dun so too, if it wasant for the hart felt dred of Fled.glidernut.:-wave

Glidernut,That does make a lot of sense. Maybe we should decide which packages to use for a specific airfield/airport/scenery area, and then upload them to the FU3 file library as a collection of smaller packs....maybe by individual authors ? For example, when it has been decided which of my own upgrades are to be included in this project, I could then upload a combined pack with only those individual packages that have been selected by the entire FU3 community ? Every other developer could then do likewise (Allan, Robert, Jon.....etc).If we just avoid "stepping on anyone else's toes" (we can leave that sort of thing to you, glidernut), then the only problem that needs to be resolved is the AI environment. Avoiding duplication of individual airports is all very well, but if someone decides to only download half of the selected packages, then the AI environment will not be "complete". This could potentially cause problems.What does everyone else think ?Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest R_Driscoll

OK, enough talk. Time to vote. Firstly, let's agree on direction. I suggest the following major choices on direction:1) Do nothing: people stick with their current chosen setups - maybe Chris' megapack, the gliding packages, the Bush Pilot's packages, the 20 or 30 early packages or some insane combination of them all (like mine:) )2) We work together from an agreed starting point to produce a new group of packages. A possible starting point would be: Chris's packages Chris's AI Outer terrain assumed installed. Removal of some icons (I would need some help here from John/Chris) Replacement of south area with Yelm package Add outer terrain airport packages such as Grand Canyon, Clare's V., Las Vegas. Choose whether to use extended model set or LGS base models only. Then start adding/taking packages by subjective choice or by group vote.3) All of 2) plus Rework airports to upgrade models, etc. Try to fill some of the blank space (Allan's "autogen" suggestion!) 4) Start from scratch. (Not a serious option IMHO!)Let me know your preference - I will add up the votes. The first option to receive 10 votes from different people (hah!) wins. Feel free to comment / improve / suggest changes to what I have suggested here. If there are not enough votes then option 1 wins by default.If we decide to go ahead, and if no-one else is willing to do it, I am happy to give it a try, after I have finished my current airport package. To keep it fair, I agree not to include any of my packages in the pack, and in return, ask that the new megapack5 be officially named the Missing Nosewheel Pak.RobD.

Robert,I would probably suggest option 2....although I do not have the outer terrain scenery installed. I need to know what packages from other authors will be included in the megapack, so that I can remove the relevant duplicates from Seattle 2004. Several others need to be removed because of incompatibilities with the default FU3 scenery (including those where the terrain has been "flattened").I am pretty sure that Jon Point is expanding and enhancing my version of Kapowsin Field, so I am happy to include his version of this airfield in the megapack.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Allan_D

Rob.I'd go for opion 2 also, But only if we gain more help then us 3Chris, Rob, and Allan. It will not work we need more help to do thisChris.Please, I'm not trying to start another flame war here with this.You said So that I can remove the relevant duplicates from Seattle 2004 I've asked you many times to please remove your flying B from your package and then the guys could use my Yelm package with your Mega pack.I know you don't download anyone elses stuff and look at it but if you'd ever like to see the Yelm area at it's best send me a note and I'll send you the package.If you'd like to include it in your next mega then go ahead.It would be cool if you'd also take a look at my Oswald Field and the fun packs from that area.Have you ever seen the Flying B from this angle?http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/57082.jpgOr the Yelm area with this many objects?http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/57083.jpgYou have to remember there was lots of fantastic scenery added by many different authors, Naji, Pete, Frank, Bjorn, I'm sorry I don't have the time to name them all. However If you'd really like to help build 1 super package that works for all I'll jump back in here and tell you the ones you need to add, ( With there permission of course )Have Fun :-newburnAllan and Puppyhttp://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

Allan,Well, I don't want to take direct control of a project like this, but including your Yelm and Oswald Field packages in the megapack is perfectly fine as far as I am concerned, together with your version of Leisureland Airpark.Like I said, I am very happy to let others decide whose packages should be included. All I need to know is which ones from Seattle 2004 need to be removed. Can you give me some idea of the areas covered by your large scenery packages ? That would enable me to determine which airfields I need to remove from my pack. Obviously, my version of Flying B would need to be removed ;-)Best Wishes,Chris Low.PS. I have used packages developed by others in the past, and enjoyed them. However, I just decided to build everything to my own specification shortly after learning how to use FLED. I know that I have stepped on the toes of others in the past (including yours), but this was never a deliberate plan. I was simply dedicated to my work, and I suppose that I just became blinded to the realities of the situation. Still, that can be corrected now, which is why I would prefer to take a back seat here, and let others direct the project.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Allan_D

Chris.I still believe that if some of us are going to do this, we need to start with your mega Pack because of the extensive AI work you've already put into it. Plus your scenery you've already added. Then someone one could add all the other sceneries that are good into it.My Leisureland is not a big package so I would look at your package for that area. My internet connection is way to slow for me to do this by my lonsome,I,m still willing to help someone else though.If we don't get this up and working together, Please don't remove any of your Packages from the next Mega Pack. We can just leave things as they are It's OK by me. Not a problem Most of my packages are in Hennies scenery pack already so anyone that wants them can get them. Or already has them.Have a nice weekend :-newburnAllan http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif