Sign in to follow this  
BobP

To Tom, AVSIM, Staff, et al

Guest Scott Campbell

In light of a recent event, I want to step up and say Thank-you for your work, your efforts, your support, and your dedication - all for no financial gain, for sponsoring my FlightSim Flight Deck site hosted by AVSIM.Without you I would be paying a large chunk of change that I do not have, so I do greatly appreciate the cost to you, and the effort to support all the partner sites like mine.Thank-you again. Please keep the faith and chin up and all that good stuff.I was going to name the topic "Bye Bye AVSIM" just to keep the joke running, but this seemed too important for that. Would've confused too many people anyway...after reading this, they would have just thought: "What's the Bye Bye part?" :-lolNow about a patch...my fountain is still leaking. Did Joe ever get his pool-toy patched? I could do with some of that. ;-)

>In light of a recent event, I want to step up and say >Thank-you for your work, your efforts, your support, and >your dedication - all for no financial gain, for sponsoring >my FlightSim Flight Deck site hosted by AVSIM. No financial gain?!?!?! Have you seen the PT Cruiser in Tom's sig? MikeOcala, Florida(J/K.... I can just see Tom's finger hovering over the "Delete User and Lock thread" selections)

"...Have you seen the PT Cruiser in Tom's sig?.."And this is only the visible part... :-lol :-lol Cheers :-outta

Scott,Your an unbelieveable kiss #####. I this how us non-pre-madonas become premadanas? Perhaps you can write a pre-madana training sylabus.I do like your radar screen on your signiture, Scott. Very nice.CB :-wave

Guest Scott Campbell

Mr. Edwards,If you knew the first thing about me, you'd know that I am not in any way a kiss-###. Ask the last time Tom actually spoke to me...and why that is. Ask Martin Arant why he'll never forget my name.If you also knew the ungodly amount of bandwidth I suck up with my site, you'd also know why I thank AVSIM - besides the fact that most of these guys...okay, all of them...are doing this for nothing.First lesson to becoming a premadona - make boatloads of money. That's not me. Everything I do is for free - and it's a boatload of time.Want to know the amount of time just for ACLoader? Count in thousands of hours.Want to know the amount of time working for free for Radar Contact? Not as much as JD, but count that in hundreds of hours.Want to know what I get out of ACLoader and RC and everyone else's hard work and thanking AVSIM for hosting my site for free? The joy of knowing it all makes my flight simming experience a lot more fun. Because without it I will go postal and everyone will wish I would be a kiss-###. Some older members will remember pretty well. ;-)

Guest SoarPics

Touche, Scott.Perhaps Capt. BOB fails to understand what prompted your post. Many of us do, and share your sentiments.Regards,

I haven't had my first cup of coffee, er java, yet. In fact, are my eyes open yet? First message of the day. Thanks Scott.

Guest Scott Campbell

Tom,I solved that problem with a heated IV bag and drip next to my bed. Sure helps to get me going in the morning! :-lol (Now how to stick it in when I'm asleep?...)

Tom,I'm sure that Scott's note speaks for a lot of us kiss-a** premadona wanna-be'sMike Stone

"I'm sure that Scott's note speaks for a lot of us kiss-a** premadona wanna-be's"You bet Mike!This IS the PREMIER site for flight simulation. The "news group" free zone provided by AVSIM is the best! I cannot imagine how little I would know about flight simulation and real aircraft without it. Thanks Ian Riddell and Peter S. and Mel and all the other pro's who contribute. Thank you AVSIM.....BobP :) :)Historic moment - This is the first two happy face signature ever!