Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Which high resolution scenery region do you prefer ?

Cristian,I managed to flatten the terrain for my Pacemaker Landing Zone airport construction project. This is a military testing range in reality, but I have built a small, tower controlled airport here. I have added ATIS, Ground and Tower frequencies, a paved runway (the Pierce County model, since the real PLZ runway 16/34 is 3500 feet long by 60 feet wide), a section of taxiway, four AI parking spots (C-130, Citation, P51 dirref, WindhawkP), a control tower, all of the relevant runway and taxiway lighting, a couple of fuel tanks, and a hangar.Interestingly, I couldn't get any practising P51's to work here, but the Windhawk works fine. I suspect that the greater speed of the P51 results in a slightly larger pattern range than the Windhawk, and this may well have interfered with the pattern at Spanaway.I will post a few screenshots later on today.Chris Low.PS. This is the location of one of LGS' extra airports, but all of these have been removed from my install of FU3.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Referring to the requirement for all cookies to be accepted, I find this is not a problem. I use a wonderful little program called Cookie Wall. It's free from AnalogX and can be found on their web site - www.analogx.com. Easiest way to find it is to do a search once you are on their site. Basically it monitors all incoming cookies and can be set to automatically delete or allow cookies from any source, and it lists the others for you to delete or not as required.As to which area I like best, I'm hard pressed to decide. I suppose it must be Seattle as I do most of my FU3 simming there. No particular reason for that though, except maybe the colours seem a little more natural to me.Ches

What are you thinking about ? (photo-realistic scenery)B.Adamski

Sorry, where is this Pacemaker Landing Zone on the map (screen) ?B.Adamski

Guest Jim Lynch

>If you could only keep one high resolution scenery region in>FU3, which one would it be....and why ?>>Chris Low.Ditto San Fran .... Let's expand it !>

Bogdan,Pacemaker Landing Zone is located just south of McChord AFB. I will post a screenshot showing the exact location later on today.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

OK. But do you have any photo of this area ?B.Adamski

Bogdan,Here is a screenshot of my Pacemaker Landing Zone airport, with McChord AFB in the background.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Getting satellite photographs is one thing, but they really need to be in colour....and then we have to find a way to incorporate high resolution elevation data. The Central Valley is flat, but the mountains are NOT :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thank you. I must visit this area. I don't remember I was flying over this place.B.Adamski

Here is a screenshot showing a slightly modified version of my Pacemaker Landing Zone airport. I have adjusted the taxiway to make it parallel with the runway, and I have also changed the runway model from the Pierce County version to the Auburn Municipal version. The orientation is the same as the real PLZ (16/34), so I am OK there :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png