Sign in to follow this  
Guest juvat2

Flame outs ?

Tom,I certainly will not argue with you regarding Hawaii. That was my suggestion to LGS when they were thinking about FU4, and scenery of these islands would be nothing short of stunning (including the Leeward Islands as far west as that island west of Midway....I just can't remember what it's called).So, if any software publishers and/or development companies are reading this....when will you announce that you are developing FU4 Hawaii ? :-lolChris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest twsimfan

Pieter,"Man without dreams is man without hope or purpose in life...I think I did my share of dreaming in that post. :-)"Would you please give me the airport code of which you showed us the pictures? It would be fun for me to check in both FS and X-Plane how it's simulated?"It is KBJC. You can also look it up in FS by name... it is in the US (no kidding ;-))... the state of Colorado... under Denver. The name is Jeffco which is shorttened from Jefferson County. In FS04 make sure to crank up the mesh to max... better for looking at mountains. :) I don't know about X-Plane... the last version I have is 5 point twenty something... it is still on my old system but I have never got around to installing it on this system... don't plan to either.Jeffco is in the Northwest corner of the Denver Metro Area and is sometimes reffered to as Broomfield Airport because of it's proximity to Broomfield (where I live). It is also on a fairly straight line between Denver & Boulder.

Guest glidernut

My wish list for an FU4 is a bit more modest but suprizingly simier to Chris Low,s.As High resolution satellite mapped terrain as posibl, with even mor High resolution elevation data for the terrain (even better than that in FU3).If this meens only having a small island insted of the hole world then so be it.I prefer quality too quantaty. Provided its got lots of steep rocky Mountains mounins with slope lift, Great Britain is too flat. The Hawaii Island would be perfect.That fancy mirroring technology would work well with an island.I hate that haveing to cycle through several different viewpoints, simply to getto the one that I want, and I also hate it when I hav to hold a key or buttan dounin order to keep that vew.Thats why I carnt get on with other sims like FS.....Selectabl vews like in FU3 are a must hav, but if we are shooting for the Moon asTom Wunder would say, then I would improov the FU4 vews by having as meny of the vews as posibl as zoomabl vews, not in steps as in presing a buton, but smoothas when the vews are atached to the pots of a joistik.Most joistiks only hav 2 pots at the bace of the stik, If the stik twists as wellfor the ruder then its got 3 pots.But my joistik has 6 pots, but I carnt use the 3 extra pots with the externalvews bicous FU3 dus not suport thees vews. And nither dus any oter sim.I would like FU4 to be the first sim to suport them.glidernut.

Hello Craig!Thank you for posting that Link. This shows the attitude for a "die hars Simmer" trying to make it all better.I have today FS 2004 installed on my new system and it is great.That said I am missing all of the "feeling" of flight with this new software. Looking Glass Studios did all that with all the fun and theinteractive parts making you to be a part of just that.Take a look at Thief and their Flightsims and you know what I mean.All of us ,-I will say old flightsimmers had the advantage to experience true behavior of an aircraft with the LG.The turbulence weather and lift in FU3 makes YOU a real Flightsimmer.I aggree with Glidernut saying more quality,-less quantity.Since this thread is out of control, I will also make My wishes for an Addon.I would like to see an expansion of the already programmed areas,-SF-SEA may be melted together in one huge High.res area.I also wisht the SEA region expanded north to Canada.I am very impressed by those magnifisent men making the UK-area available, so I know it is possible.FU4 should be made by a company With a money tree in their back yardWith the latest tecknology,-expanding the whole US continent in high res. photo areal,-better clouds but with the same engine for the interface.THAT'S FEELING OF FLIGHT!!!If MS. copuld do some new programming to their sim for the weather and ground handling_ATC this will be a big step foreward.For me the FS2004 sim is till a area viewer/game than a sim.Today not many companies is on the stage making new stuff,-soIt is MY DREAM that it will continue better and better.Best regards.Lars Peter.

Guest ChrisD

Hi.I keep seeing these wishes for extending Region Seattle north to cover Vancouver.Seriously, does anybody have some decent arials of the area?The only arials I can dig up is B/W and I haven't got the slighest idea about colorizing these beasts.As far as I know, it is possible to extend the Region Northward and Eastward. Regrettably the soutwest corner is fixed, so west and south expansion is out.If somebody can get hold of decent Arials, I am willing to make the MegaTiles to extend the region.Geotiles? Sorry, You are out of luck, I don

To be honest, my desires for expansion of the Seattle scenery region involve the area to the WEST. You say that this is impossible. How do you know this ? What are the possibilities of developing a new region (let's call it PACIFIC NORTHWEST), and then "welding" the two scenery areas together ? It really annoys me that I cannot fly over high resolution terrain all the way to the Pacific Coast in the Seattle region....and it is something that I would like to see sorted out....after we have extended the SanFran region :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest twsimfan

Chris,It has always bothered me that it stops 10 minutes driving time (much closer flying time) short of my favorite town... Port Angeles! My favorite lake... Crescent... is just beyond that. And you can't even hop on the ferry and do the twenty some miles to Victoria!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/58294.jpgBut then you can't get to a decent Portland on the South or Grand Coulee Dam & Roosevelt Lake on the East either. :-(

Commenting on EA, the potentials of FU4, hi-res area extensions / regions:Electronic Arts is still big in the gaming industry. I've seen a lot of combat titles with "EA" on the cover and it may be that they've scooped some of the FU3 features for developing these games. This would be a good reason to NOT give away the source code.FU4 with a larger hi-res region would be a more reasonable endeavor today than it was a few years ago. First of all, most people have ample amounts of disk space and 100 GB of scenery tiles wouldn't be prohibitive.FU3's "flight engine" is very good, complete with a proper ground handling. Yes, we have a sim with proper lateral frictions on the ground and the "other" sim has still not got this right.FLED, despite all its bugs still is a superb tool for developers. The market leader supplies no WYSIWYG way of placing scenery models.All in all, compelling reasons to fix and develop the current FU code :-)Regarding hi-res extensions in FU3 we might be able to connect SanFran and Seattle by expanding SanFran. Seattle won't accept tiles south and west of its "0,0" but SanFran should accept tiles to the north. We'd probably still have to accept the "want to load the region?" prompt as we approach the next region though.best regards,Hans Petter

Tom,Yes, I noticed that lake on the map....and I also was annoyed to see that Port Angeles airport (one of the large airports in the region) is just outside the high resolution scenery area. Since it is in the outer terrain, I never get to use it.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest DanielBu

I'd be quite happy with another region and maybe true color support - maybe an updated aircraft-model here and there (->pilot figures), and more adventures. I'm guess I'm fine with the rest. Speaking of regions, could anyone send me the UK-area? I only read of it but can't find the thread anymore...I live in Germany, so I suppose it would be easiest if someone else from around here could send it. That would be awesome (contact me at Daniac@gmx.de).-Daniel

Guest Jim Lynch

My Beech 400 flames out when I decend rapidly. Why is this happening, and how can I fix it ?

Guest juvat2

Coloring greyscale doq's. Well, here's a way. I've been applying the techniques somewhat as outlined here in this article with sample b/w. I can't imagine doing this on the scale that Flight3 would require.http://www.nps.gov/carto/silvretta/colorize/color.htmlAnd here's a way to do it with psp.http://www.psppower.com/2002february/colorizing.htmI've been downloading off and on using USA Photo Mapper. Then experimenting with the above techniques. Nothing large scale, small spotty sections. Nothing worth ever keeping and never good enough for use as flight3 texturesSample of a greyscale edith hook. Full of errors. Looks like I cutoff part of the runway and many other bad stuff. But it is "colored"-kind of :)

Guest glidernut

Jim Buffett,Folowing your exalant leed, Iv been having a go my self with Paint Shop pro.But my eferts to do it the way its dun in your link abuv hav all been horabland not werth saving.Insted I did this in minits by redusing the colors to 16 and then changingevery individual grey tone in the palet to a color of my choosing.Its the best I can do, which is not a lot.But doing it this way meens we only hav to do one pictcher not thousands.We paint the palet not the pictchers.PS, do them black and whight snaps cum with terain hight datea goodinuf for FU3 ? I think FU3 is every 20 meaters, Im not shooer.glidernut

Glidernut,That is certainly an idea that could prove useful. I remember seeing a website with thousands of satellite mapped terrain photos of California (in black and white). Any way of adding realistic colours to these images without having to hand colour every tile would be a massive step forward.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png