Sign in to follow this  
Guest glidernut

New glider panal in library:

Guest glidernut

Iv just put a new glider panal with all round vews for the stemme in the library.Its a full res file, so you dont hav to mes around with ResViewer to install it.Its loosly based on an ASW28 high performace singal seat glider. I say loosly based, cus after perchesing a digital camara and visiting severalof my local glideing clubs to get snaps of the real thing, I promptly threw themall out and did what ever took my fansy insted.The resalt is much mor fun to fly, and has beter all round visabilaty. It also has a new colour changeing lift-sink instrement that has never been seen in FU3 bifor.In fact, its never been seen anywhere bifor.Its that top right instremant with a small rectanguler window in it. See snap-shot.The window changes colour from bright red when you are in strong doun-draft, throwwhight "nutral" to a bright green when you are in strong up-draft.I got the prinsipal of how to do this instrement from the mooving river of RobD,s Forest Falls package. This must be the strangest package ever dun by anyone, but Im drorn to it time and time agen, it provids lots and lots of insperation.O, and if the mous,es nose in the cocpit is not twiching, then your instrements, flaps, and undercarige are not working ither, and you need toSTART THE ENGIN "E" AND THEN TERN IT OFF AGEN "Ctrl + E" TO GET EVERYYHING WORKING.You hav no need to do this if you are flying in Steffen,s (Glider realism challenge).I recomend you use this challenge, It solvs a lot of problems, and ortomaticaly givs you good slope soring wether.Hav fun.glidernut.:-wave

Guest R_Driscoll

Well this is a good solution! - I look forward to trying this cockpit with the Stemme! I haven't see the mouse before - what's his name? Can he handle loops? And I still think the clip on your right knee looks like a spyglass, the symbol for Looking Glass. But its just a clip. I know.Congrats glidernut!RobD.

Guest Allan_D

Hi Guys.John.Thank you, another great piece of work. I normally don't try to fly anything without a prop turning but I,m going to try this panel in the glider. Thanks again.Rob.Yikes, don't feed the live mouse that John built into this panel, I tried that and the mouse ended up looking like this.http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/57872.jpgIf I could think of a good name for this critter I'd get rid of Puppy and keep this one, Him or Her I don't yet :-lolMaybe I should call it Freb until I know for sure M or FHave Fun :-newburnAllan and Puppyhttp://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

Guest qvdg

Nice work Glidernut. If you could, a version with a Bandicoot instead of the mouse would probably make Rob feel more at home ;-)Cheers,QvdG

Guest R_Driscoll

Thanks Quentin, yep a little bandicoot will do fine. But I like the mouse! Also could be a useful instrument: - imagine a complete power failure, then you could fly as follows:1) mouse leaning left or right: you're turning2) mouse on roof: you're inverted3) mouse thinks cockpit is exercise cage: you're doing loops4) mouse floating in air: you've hit a downdraft5) mouse flattened to a squeak: updraftReplace VOR/ADF as follows: install cheese in FBO before flight. Come time to return, open cockpit window a little. Mouse will swivel to point in direction of cheese. Turn plane (see (1) above) until mouse's nose points in direction of plane nose. An increase in squeaking is a rough subsitute for the DMO. A sudden reversal of mouse direction or an indeterminate quivering indicates you are passing above the FBO.Just one point. If when navigating by mouse you find yourself in a rapid downward spiral, check cockpit for cats.Am working on high precision ILS mouse approach and will let you know status of FAA approval for above soonest.Thanks again for your mighty work on this new cockpit glidernut! You make this sim a lot more personable. And the colour change is very clever. I'll be away for a few weeks - can someone mind the shop?RobD.

Guest glidernut

RobD.A "FEW" weeks? I thort you sed only 2 weeks!You cum back in one peas, OK!Iill get the mouse to mind the shop.This is a troo tale.That mouse,es bruther, in an erlyer vershion had a tale that mooved as an axeleromiterbut it was very distracting, so distracting in fact that I flew into the side of amontin while trying to fly by what the tale was teling me insted of looking out the window.QvdG,A coot in the UK is a smal duk.What dus a Bandicoot look like? Allan,That must be the uglyist beest I ever did see. What ever gave berth to that probably comited sooiside shortly after.glidernut.:-wave

Glidernut, I downloaded your glider and checked it out. Have you changed any of the Stemme flight dynamics? This one seems to stall at around 50 knots and it yaws as badly as any glider :-)I think I'm getting the hang of flying gliders since I tend to land them rather than crash them these days. I need to work on finding the best thermals / lift though.Hans Petter

On a side note, I finally managed to get an AI Motorglider flying around the other day. Why they wouldn't appear previously is anyone's guess.........Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest glidernut

Hans Petter,-Have you changed any of the Stemme flight dynamics? No the flight dynamics are that of the Stemme, Thay hav not been changed, I never got that fare.I got as fare as using an untextered model of a compleetly diferant glider, witch was a 2 seater.Dg1000, see snap-shot.I also tryed a V tail 2 seater glider, and also a fling dragon, and I evan tryed the FU3wind sok as a flyabl glider, that was the strangest of all, bicous the flagwould lower when ever the undercarige was lowered.glidernut.:-wave

Guest glidernut

Sory, Iill get it right aventualy.This is the untextered 2 seater Dg1000.The preeveas snap-shot was of the ASW28.Chris Low,Yes I hardly ever see the AI Motorglider flying around in Seattle.I dont know why but its almost as rair as roking hors manower.glidernut.

I also got one working in the San Francisco scenery region.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png