Sign in to follow this  
Lars Peter

FU3 and XP Home

Hello and welcome into the forum!I also have FU3 installed in win.XP and using the Radeon videocard like you.It should not be problems with this setup.Try to install the patch and try again.Maybe win.xp see a conflict trying to run the sim without the patch installed.Best regards.Lars Peter.

Guest glidernut

Hi welcom abord.-Any ideas ?Yes, install the pach.Lars Peter is right, the pach will most probably fix it.If your video card is an NVIDIA, "OR A RADEON" then you will need a Patch.There are three Patches, so be cairful to get the right one. [link:ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=fu3patch.exe&Author=&CatID=03aLGFU3 | This takes you to the US patch,][link:ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=fu3depat.exe&Author=&CatID=03aLGFU3 ] This takes you to the Germany patch,Install FU3 ferst, and then click on the patch.I licke to put the patch in the maine Flight3 Folder, and then click on it.Cum back and let us know what you think of it.or if you hit any snags.The abuv should fix it, but if not then try runing FU3 in compatabilaty mode with 95 or 98.You can do this with your XP Home like This, Left klik on the FU3 icon, choos Properties, compatibility, tik the "Run this program in compatabilaty mode for", choos "95" or "98", While you are there, also tik the "Run in 256 colors" and tik the "Run in 640-480 skreen resolution"then clik "Apply".glidernut.

Guest coldnebraskablue

well, thanks for getting back so quickly !applied the patch, has made no difference. have tried with and without compatability mode, 256 colors and 640x480, no luck. i did remember seeing a warning about "Indeo" drivers or something ? foolishly i didn't pay attention to that. does anybody know anything about those ?thanks again !

There may be one insidious issue here, namely the Looking Glass 'splash screen' video. I believe that this video uses the indeo codec and Win XP doesn't include it. Win98 did, and you can easily get the indeo codec and install it in XP. Without the correct codec the sim will CTD during loading. Another alternative is to put 'no_movie' in the flight3.cfg and skip the entire video.best regards,Hans Petter

Guest Staggerwing

The "Indeo" CODEC warnings tell you that MS no longer supplies these CODECs with WinXP and they tell you that you CAN download them fromhttp://indeo.ligos.com/ if you need them.Since MS is no longer paying to supply them, you must now buy the download.Would be interesting to see how many still have the "Indeo" CODEC with WinXP. It does look like it was still in the early 2003 versions of XP but not now.I've got a couple of older software titles that won't run because of missing Indeo CODEC.Not sure if this is what you need for FU3 but is info on the Indeo window you missed :-)Best,

Guest glidernut

I must point out that no_movie is rong, and will not work.The line bilow is the corect line to put in the Program Files/Flight3/Flt3.cfg file.nomovieAfter doing that, you wont need the CODECs drivers.Well you might need them for other programs but not for FU3.

Guest twsimfan

I don't know from CODECs and whatnot... but I've had FU3 installed and running in XP for well over a year with no problems at all. I have a P4 2.8ghz but use a Radeon 9700 Pro video card with 128MB. Wish I could be more helpful. :)

Yes, this is potentially the cause of the problem. FU3 would not run on my Windows XP system until I added the statement mentioned above to my flt3.cfg file. It now loads properly, and performs flawlessly.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest coldnebraskablue

Thanks to everybody for replying so quickly - the "nomovie" option worked a treat. Thanks again!

Guest coldnebraskablue

Hi, Just installed FU3 on my Win XP Home PC, but it won't even start up. It tries to change the scrn resolution, and then comes back with a message saying FUIII has experienced some problems and has to close down. I haven't yet loaded the UK patch.My spec - Athlon Xp2000, 512 Mb Ram, Sapphire Radeon 9000 Atlantis Pro (128Mb), Win XP Home, DirectX 9a. I suspect it is graphics related, but I am reluctant to go applying new drivers because there are no other problems w/ my PC. Any ideas ?Thanks in advance.