Sign in to follow this  
agtim

Workshop for AI static models

do not just complain about missing source of fu3, but do something :-)There is a way how you can convert AI planes into static models in a easy way.1. start Gideon's ResViewer2. open the file models.res3. select the plane you want, take the models with wheels down. file 498 is the Trainer.4. export the model, choose convert and give as name trainer0.bin5. start Gideon's ModelViewer and load this new file trainer0.bin6. you will see now error messages due to missing texture mip files TRAI234.mip. TRAI235.mip, TRAI236.mip, TRAI237.mip write down the name of the missing filesnow you can see a white model of the Trainer7. back to ResViewer, we search now the missing mip files this is easy for the trainer, the file number is part of the file name :-)8. select the files 234,235,236 and 237 and export it as bitmap, choose as name the missing name of the error message. (TRAI234.bmp, TRAI235.bmp,TRAI236.bmp ...)9. repeat for all other missing mip files.10 . now copy the LG-Tool makemip.exe into this working folder and create a text file named makeit.bat the command in this file will convert the bitmaps into mip files.REM THIS ARE THE COMMANDSMAKEMIP.EXE *.BMP ./PAUSEEXIT11. save the batch file and execute it, pause will hold the DOS screen so you will see what was generated. now you have 4 new files TRAI234.mip ....12. toggle palette selection in modelViewer and now you see the Trainer with texture and no message is coming up.13. move the trainer0.bin and the mip files to the /gen folder of a fu3 region.14. place the trainer model using FLED15. Enjoy results :-))Andre

Guest R_Driscoll

Andre you are amazing! Expect to see static aircraft blossoming as the flowers in spring. How do you do it (must be all the fish you eat, or the cold Swiss winters or something).Clearly you need a challenge. Here it is. What is the maximum number of models that can be loaded into a package at any one time? Before CTD's occur?Don't rush, friday will do.RobD.

Guest glidernut

At first glance I thort this was a littl bit bioned me and all I would be able to do would be to copy your instructions and keep them in a safe place for others in the futier.Having dun that, I thort I would hav a go anyway and see how far I got.I managed all the way to 15, yipyyyyyyyyy!Thank you Andre, thats briliant.glidernut.:-wave

Yes Robert its the cold swiss winter with the long nights :-)I don't expect CTD's due to Model count, there are other reason so do not minimize your airport packages.This was a result of reverse engineering of fu3... :-wave agtim

Hi Glidernut, just back from a flight with the beautifull ASW28 nice cockpit. Now you can place a parking spot for a real AI Trainer inside the group and guess which one will move :-) :-wave agtim

This AI models are ready and the mip maps renamed to avoid conflicts inside the /GEN folder. To rename the mip you must modify the filename inside the .bin file of the model using a hex editor - but caution just overwrite the existing name with a name of the same lenght ! The filetype is not important, use .gif or .bmp or .tga all are valid. Then rename the .mip file using the first part of the filename as set in the .bin file. :-wave agtimhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/59015.jpg

Guest glidernut

agtim, and or any one els, Im having a little spot of bother with the Stemme.I tryed to do 2 Stemme,s, one with its wheels douwn for on the ground, and onewith its wheels up for flying.The snap-shot is not very cleer, but the Stemme on the right is the one withits weels douwn, but as you can see, the wheels are only harf way douwn, notall the way douwn, as thay should be.How can I get the wheels fuly douwn?The interesting thing about this model is that in the game the wheels are sumtimsflutering or mooving like the wind-sok moovs in the wind!!!Sumtimes when I go and hav a look at the wheel its only flutering a bit or not at all.And at other times its flutering like mad.So I hav captuared it flutering like mad on a Black-Box for you to see for your selvs.I would like to know if you or anyone els can see it flaping on your PC's as well ?Perhaps by acsdent we are geting towards having Fled models with mooving parts ?Glidernut.

Hi Glidernut,You have used a flyable model as base of your static stemme.Moved parts in flyable models are defined but not fixed in a usable position as static model. To do this you must convert to 3ds and use Gmax to fix it, this will mostly fail due to the large models and the small capacity of the e23ds.exe program. Flyable has often a wrong position to with the tail in the air.The way to fix this is long and difficult :-( :-wave agtim

Guest glidernut

agtim,-You have used a flyable model as base of your static stemme.No I havant.I used the model from ENGPILE/MODELS.RES/ file 523 and named it Stemme0 as you instructed.I hav not tampered with it at all.I think the Stemme AI model is a bit diferant to the rest of the AI models in this regard.When in flight and presing the _P keys to vew the AI aicraft landing and takeing off therwheels apeer and disapeer sudanly, but I think the Stemme's wheels go up and douwn gradualy.But I hav not been able to conferm this. The Stemme AI is too rair to redaly be observd.Its only what I think.glidernut.

Hi Glidernut,OK at a second look I see you do it right. I used today file 523 also and placed the stemme versions at Duxford.Both versions yours and my remake have stable wheels.I never have seen a Stemme as AI. LG is using the 2 models of an AI to simulate wheels up and down and the strange thing is you can see a small transition - so it's not just switching the model - no idea how they do that.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/59450.jpg :-wave agtim

Guest glidernut

As you are doing so well, I thort I would leev the models withcomplications to you.I thort I would do sumthing simpl like a hot air balloon.You carnt go rong with a simpl baloon.EErrrrrrrrrrrrrr,,,.How dus one go about geting the drag rope untangaled from an electrisaty pilonwith out geting zapt by a 1,00,0000 kilervolts?glidernut.

Hi QuentinModel will be uploaded soon, had the same idea, want to make a flyable ...later... :-) it's in the pipeline I found cockpit pictures also so now we just need time... :-wave agtim