Sign in to follow this  
adams

Megascenery

Orlando Sotomayor made many meshes for FS, so the data seem to be not the problem. The problem is : night lights and how to convert files with models/airports to new coordinates. It's big work.B.Adamski

Guest R_Driscoll

Allan, you obviously haven't checked out Jon's Clare Valley or our UKS airports - IMHO they are comparable to what you have there, despite the limitation of colour palette. Have a look at Heathrow from the player start position, or Gatwick from the control tower. Look at Hans Petter's London City Airport - surely that is close to the payware versions? Simply because we are a few people producing for free doesn't mean that we can't get high detail and realistic-looking scenery. (Technical note: Much of LGS modelling was with tiny textures of 4x4 or 8x4 - now we use large textures, same as typical sizes for MSFS models).But you have reflective textures on the planes, better colour range and larger teams of people making packages for profit. I can live with that. But FU3 gave us a creative world 4 years earlier that still has better flight models, better atmospheric modelling, was the first to introduce many features, and provides a community now working together. Given MS's glacially slow development, I don't think I'd switch to them anyway - I'd rather support any competitive sim where they are taking risks and trying new things quickly.For everyone else, I strongly recommend that you install Hans Petter's palette fix for Seattle - its so easy to do and makes a remarkable difference.RobD.