Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

San Jose International

I have always been annoyed that the AI planes do not use the section of runway 30L at San Jose International that is short of the displaced threshold. This originally prevented any 747 or 777 airliners from operating here. I made a small modification a while ago that added a new section of taxiway at the northern end of the runway (taxiway Mike). This enabled me to extend the runway slightly, and it was enough to allow 777 airliners to land here.My previous attempts to make the AI planes use the FULL runway length resulted in annoying "node assertion error" messages, which always made FLED crash. I encountered the same problems when I attempted to delete the overrun lighting near the runway 30L threshold. NO MODIFICATIONS WERE EVER SAVED :-fumeHowever, I decided to have another go today. After repeated attempts to solve the problem....I HAVE DONE IT ! This required the removal of taxiway Kilo, since I had to use the same number of taxiway exit nodes that already existed, even though the runway stretch ideally required an extra one. This isn't any great problem though, so I have accepted it.Anyway, the accompanying screenshot illustrates what I have done. The Phoenix 747 is on hold and awaiting clearance for take-off on runway 30L. As you can see, it is waiting at the END of the runway. Also visible is the new overrun and sequence lighting. I have modified two AI parking spots (one 777 has been changed to a 747, and a DC10 has been changed to a C5 Galaxy).The only aspect that I will have to study concerns the use of runway 30R by business jets and other small planes. I am hoping that they will be directed to the runway via taxiway Whisky and taxiway Charlie. This involves crossing runway 30L, but this would also avoid any confrontations with airliners using taxiway Bravo to get to the runway 30L threshold. This will be a test of just how clever the AI in FU3 really is !Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Well, after another episode of messing around at San Jose International, it seems that I now have a stable version of this airport INCLUDING TAXIWAY KILO. That pleases me more than you can possibly imagine ;-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest jonpoint

Excellent, Chris!Sorry for not showing interest yesterday, I had other things on my plate (like always...). Last night I actually went there (in FU3) to have a look. Then a news segment came on about Dionne Warwick singing 'Do you know the way to San Jose' and next I find myself flying around there, singing the song in my head. Couldn't see any failed stars pumpin' gas but I'm sure they were there!Oh brother :-lol PS When you are happy with it, I'd appreciate a copy ;):-wave******************* Jonathan Point *******************

Jon,I will try to remember to send you a copy later on today.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png