Sign in to follow this  
Guest R_Driscoll

Competition: Where am I?

Guest R_Driscoll

I knew you knew glidernut. You knew I knew you knew? I should have realised about the flaperons - Jon you had mentioned earlier that the flaps and ailerons were linked and I hadn't twigged. Very clever.With Hans Petter's posting, given that you can see Mt Rainier in the background, I reckon its somewhere in Washington State. Now that I've done the hard bit, Chris can do the easy bit of saying exactly where.Somewhere near McChord? I forget the names of all those fields. And that means glidernut is going to win the prize this time - bother.RobD.

Guest Allan_D

Hi Gang,I'll add some shots tomorrow looks like a fun thread, I'll add some bush strips and ole fishing holes :-lolIn the meantime see if you's can answer these questionsQ. What was the tallest Mt in the world before Mt. Everest was discovered?Q. Something that is built and sold. But the builder doesn't want to try it.The buyer usually doesn't use it and the user doesn't see it.Answer these correctly and you might recieve the lastest Janet Jackson video :-lolHave Fun :-newburnAllan and Puppyhttp://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

Guest jonpoint

Aw geez ;)Well, Everest was still the tallest mountain, regardless of when it was discovered. That's just logical.As to the other one, logic evades me right now :-rollRelevance to aircraft or flight sims might make it easier :-lol:-wave******************* Jonathan Point *******************

Guest glidernut

Q1) Mt. Everest. Thats what I was gona say.Q2) Its on the tip of my tung.glidernut.

Guest Motormouse

1)Harvey Field2)Aileron droop is a feature of DHC-6, basically the ailerons become 'extra' flaps while still retaining differential control as ailerons. (The Blackburn Buccaneer had this feature too,likewise the Naval variants of the F4 Phantom)3)Little spike things on ailerons are electro-static dischargers4)Spike under the tail is a tailskid,in case you pull back too muchduring landing/take-off:-wavePete

Hans,That's a good one, but I think that this is SKATTER CREEK.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Chris is correct, the airport in my screenshot is Scatter Creek. Since Chris made that package he ought to know :-)The aircraft is a beta version of Jon's Twin Otter. I flew it from Port Angeles down south and ended up at Scatter Creek. Actually, I was planning to go to an outer terrain airport southeast of Port Angeles. It used to be located right next to a fjord or a bay. I might want to put it back since it was a nice destination for slightly longer flights. Hans Petter

Guest Allan_D

Jonpoint,Relevance to aircraft or flight sims might make it easierYes your right and I'm sorry, I was just fooling around I will not do that again OK :-lol I promise to be very very serious from this day forward, No more fooling around for sure.John.Q1 Mt Everest you's are both right.Q2 = CoffinHave Fun :-newburnAllan and Puppyhttp://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif