Sign in to follow this  
Guest twsimfan

Question for Jon Point...

Guest twsimfan

Jon,I haven't been posting as much as I should lately (I do read the forum daily) and I have been meaning to comment on you upcoming Twin Otter. Your screenies look GREAT!Do you have any idea when we might see the flyable verions in the library? Not trying to rush you here but it does look very pretty! :)

Guest jonpoint

Tom,It's very close - I just have to finish the cockpit! I WAS quite close but, well, you know... I've looked at some of the various MSFS Twotters around and didn't like a lot of the panels - they just don't 'live', if you know what I mean. In FU3 we have the benefit of 16-bit internal views and it looks silly to pan from a nice door texture say, to a flat, grey panel with blocky text on it :-erks LGS did great things with the Renegade and B400 and it would be nice to get 'there'.Truthfully, I have had a good look at some recent MSFS Twotters and it amazes me that they put wheel bolts on the mains but use no brake textures. Similarly, they use internal cabin textures but don't bother with flaperons, offset elevator axles or the half-shrouded rudder pivot (all things that 'make' a DHC-6, for me anyway). How about wipers? We got 'em - they don't! I know it's 'eye candy' but it's also a reflection of how far I have taken every respect of the aircraft.I'm not trying to be too much of a perfectionist (I do appreciate that people want to start using it ASAP) but I think the package should be balanced. With that much work on the model, flight model, sounds (ever tried to make 'Twin Otter' from the resfile voices?) and textures, I believe the cockpit should compare ;)I'll post some preview cockpit shots this week.:-wave******************* Jonathan Point *******************

Guest twsimfan

Thanks Jon,It sounds as if it will be great... looking forward to those cockpit shots. I guess I can practice with the FS04 "Twotter" that is on the cover disk that came with the new issue of Computer Pilot today. That disk also has some of Steve Hess' Barons on it for FU3. (Congrats Steve!)