Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mr Frizbee

Long distance flight planning.

Guest Mr Frizbee

How can I use my flight planner to plan a route between SanFrancisco and Seatac?

Guest CaptRolo

I use A program NAV 3.0 you have to get files from MSFS to make it work , but is great for planning and viewing NDB,VOR, ILS . CaptRolo

Could you please elaborate on that? I know FSNav as an add-in to FS. (By add-in I mean that it runs as a separate program within FS, reading the FS navigational beacons in BGLs).A problem with FU3 might be that some frequencies are fictional, to avoid this sim's problem with same frequencies for different airports. Thus, real-life frequencies may not always work. Hans Petter

Guest CaptRolo

Hans; This Nav 3.o is an older version which will run as a stand alone program .The newer versions have to be run within MSFS . The program (3.0)needs the MS frequency database . The Freq seem to be the real jeppson ref . So If some of freq that have been added to your FU3 are different then you have to make note of it on a printed out sheet .I have put all NDB's VOR's ILS , Freq as they appear in Jeppson Charts In my Beacons.fld file. I have no problem figuring a flight plan and flying with vor's,NDB's.It's really a good way to get navigational information and includes all of world. Only problem is putting all the nav beacons in with fled is time consuming . I have 100 more to go in outter terrain with lat and long numbers. To check out go fly beechjet and look for your placed beacons.CaptRolo

I'm a bit bamboozled by the highly technical replies here!As far as I know there is no way to set off from High Res Seattle area airports and follow the flight path line on your Beechjet or 747 'glass tube' to the San Fran area.If you have the outer terrain installed you can set a course to an outer terrain airport (like Las Vaegas if you want a long haul) to pick up extra passengers.Then exit your flight, load up the San Fran region then plan a flight from the outer terrain to San Fran.It's not perfect, but its the only way I have found.RegardsGraeme

I've flown from hi-res Seattle to hi-res SanFran several times. Still, in a way you're right since the other hi-res region won't show until you load it. This is what happens: As you fly over outer terrain and cross the boundary of either hi-res region a box pops up. It reads something like: "Do you want to load the Seattle / SanFran map? Y/N" If you don't click "Y" you'll continue flying over outer terrain. Hans Petter

Guest CaptRolo

I have also flown SEA to SJC and picked up Vor's on the way acording to my flight plan . Takes about 5 hrs actual time . You probably need to take on some passengers and a good looking flight attendant so's you won't get bored and fall asleep on the way .Only thing is that FU3 flight log can't keep up .CaptRolo