Sign in to follow this  
Guest jcomm

What happened to the FU2 and FU3 teams?....

Guest jcomm

From time to time I recur to this message board and sim. I no longer have my FU3 box, but will try to find one at some old software store in Lisbon...Well, what I would like to know is if there is any track of the FU2 and FU3 teams. Where are they now? What do they do - still sim development? What happened to the FU3 Mentor - A guy whose name I no longer recall, but posted several messages here at AVSIM during FU3's development and post release...I will try to find FU3 and make it install and run on my Windows XP system. Really look forward for it, and... I still dream of the day when someone decides to give a new life to FU and go ahead with FU4...

Welcome to the forum JC.I hope that you find a copy of FU3. It works perfectly with Windows XP, so you have no problems on that front. Just make sure that you download and install the relevant patch from the AVSIM FU3 file library. You may also experience a problem getting the game to run with XP if you do not have the Intel Indeo movie codec installed. This can be bypassed by adding the following line to your flt3.cfg file (I added it at the top):-nomovieOnce again, it's nice to see yet another new face in the forum. Long may this continue.Chris Low :-wave

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Staggerwing

>Well, what I would like to know is if there is any track of >the FU2 and FU3 teams. Where are they now? What do they do ->still sim development? What happened to the FU3 Mentor - A guy>whose name I no longer recall, but posted several messages>here at AVSIM during FU3's development and post release...Peter was here in Avism for a short while but never stopped by the FU forum..... odd huh ?As far as what some of those guys are doing these days.... where do you think all that new weather is coming from for FS9 ? :-)Best,

I was given Peter James' e-mail address a few months ago, and I received replies to two e-mails regarding the possibility of him visiting this forum. However, my last two e-mails have gone unanswered, and one was even returned undelivered. I really hope that he hasn't changed his e-mail address.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest jcomm

Ah ah!!!Great! Now, if only they brought the other features, like realistic icing (including carburetor ice at low RPM for asphirated engines...), etc... as well as the unparalleled fligth model of FU3...I had fs9 installed for quite a while. What kept me from wiping it soon after install was precisely my interest on the new wether engine, and a few add-on airplanes, but, as I use it more and more, the more I feel the need for the FU series. Never - ever! - has any other sim brought the feeling of really being there than either FU2 or FU3. FU was great when I bought it in 98, but I can't say I liked it as much as I did enjoy FU2 and then FU3.It simply puzzles me how such great products can't get further support... Well, not talking about the support this forum gives to the FU cause after all ;-)================================J. C. MonteiroDivis

I can see that you and I are going to be firm friends, JC ;-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest jonpoint

Well, the 'lure of the Lire', as they say!Anyway, WE'RE here so I suppose WE become the current team ;)Welcome (back) aboard :-wave******************* Jonathan Point *******************

Guest jonpoint

JC (and others who have not seen this),Here's the most complete story I've read so far:http://www.ttlg.com/articles/lgsclosing.aspAs has already been mentioned here, the current 'team' appears to be us! If you have any specific things you require, please post questions here on the Avsim FU3 forum. :-wave******************* Jonathan Point *******************

Guest R_Driscoll

I have loved all of the LGS games, usually before realising it was LGS - and this includes UW, SS1&2, FU2, FU3, Terra Nova (but I never bought the game!) and I would have loved the Thief series except I thought it would be too time consuming! - the demo was superb - and I already had too many games for my health. They were a brilliant company, and it has always mystified me that they didn't develop their marketing better - they provided games for others (such as Origin), hiding their talent, and the advertising for FU3 was a joke.But I don't like golf so never played their golf game.Thanks Jon,RobD.PS I got your request for the database stuff and have put it together but its been a bit too busy here for me to send it.

Guest Robs

Hi All,Rob I did buy theif..it was on budget for around

Guest Robs

Guest Robs

Guest Robs

Guest jonpoint

Whaddaya mean where's FU4? There is a new 'open' version available:* It has lots of new planes (more than FU2 or FU3 came with).* Hundreds of new models.* New scenery areas.* Better AI.* An online, interactive development forum, allowing you to: - Discuss problems or issues with the creators. - Suggest new aircraft or other add-ons. - Find out about the inner workings and limitations of the game. - Learn from the developers so you may contribute yourself!* Believe it or not, it's free!Sounds too good to be true, huh? It would be if it was M$F$ but it's not. And it's right here, on Avsim...Welcome to the Avsim FU3 library and forum :-hahPS Unlike most other game sites, the members here are exceptional. You won't get spammed or abused - not here anyway.:-wave******************* Jonathan Point *******************