Sign in to follow this  
Guest jcomm

What happened to the FU2 and FU3 teams?....

Rob,Are you trying to make your post count look more respectable ? :-lolChris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest jonpoint

I think Rob needs a new mouse :lolChris, back to your attempts to find Peter James, did anything ever come off? I've had a similar issue trying to contact Tomi Lehto. All I wanted to do was thank him for his efforts but it appears he is off-line nowadays. I emailed a couple of Finnish sites where he had software projects hosted and they all said the same thing - 'we don't know where he is'.I just hope that no tragedy has befallen him. I can accept someone turning their back on 'the past', especially if something terrible happens or, if one's life should change for the better. In another life, I was a sound engineer. Lord knows what I used to get up to (I DO remember but I'm not proud about it) but I'm glad to put it behind me now. Definitely not a lifestyle suitable for bringing-up children ;)Maybe, IF I get to Denver in September, I may ask a few people there. So far, Tom (Wunder) and I are THE FU3 contingent (again, IF I make it - I'm due to present my paper and address the day before, so I have to get from Chicago to Denver THAT night which could be tricky).:-wave******************* Jonathan Point *******************

Jon,Mark Embleton gave me Peter James' e-mail address, and I did receive a couple of quick responses from the guy. However, it appears that he has changed his e-mail address, so contact with him is currently impossible.I have asked Mark to let me know if Peter James contacts him again.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest jonpoint

Maybe, one of us will bump into him in Denver? I'm still planning to be there, even though the itinerary is a bit tight. As far as I know, a few (like a lot) of Avsim folks will be there too so it may be possible, even if everything goes wrong, to ask one of them to 'scout' for us!BTW, in reference to Tomi Lehto, an email I received from someone in Europe suggested that something tragic may well have befallen him. Problem is, about 1% of the population of Finland appears to be called 'Tomi Lehto' so this person may well be mistaken. I hope so.:-wave******************* Jonathan Point *******************

Guest Robs

What Robs really needs is a bagful of time and more patience!!The computer didn't react when I double clicked so I tried again and maybe the odd extra time too.... It then seems to post them all.Anyway I got my last flight of concorde video as it is parked 2 mins down the road. Gotta watch it soon.Where's FU4? I agree with Jon here that there is much to celebrate about the FU3 gold additions with new planes. It is the flight sim I have most fun with.But what I meant by FU4 was a basic engine update. There is sooooo much power around now that wasn't there when FU3 was written.Make it simpler to calculate flight dynamics from the shape and just make the flight dynamics nicer for thermals and turbulence and maybe a 3d cockpit for 3d glasses for true spatial awareness....the graphics cards and procs could handle this - true 3d environs. And I like helicoptors.... :-( and I know that FU3 cannot support helos...it's torture...the only flight sim that supports the ground resolution to chase cattle thru the trees.Until then FU3 gold is the best there is. My message is keep your wish lists handy in case some developer wishes to truly take up the challenge.RobNow to try and submit this once! :-D

Rob,How are you getting on with Filton ? If you are having any problems with the AI planes, then maybe you could send me a few screenshots to my home e-mail address ? I promise not to redistribute them. It would also be useful to have one or two screenshots showing your airport within FLED itself.....maybe with just the taxigraph lines visible ?Chris Low.Christopher.Low@btinternet.com

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

J.C.Have you managed to find a copy of Flight Unlimited 3 yet ? If not, then why not try bidding for one on eBay UK (www.ebay.co.uk) ? There are usually one or two copies on there (and a much larger number of copies of FU2, which I strongly recommend that you purchase for the excellent San Francisco scenery).Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Robs

Chris,I have to say life changes here force a reduced time spent on FU3 Filton.I have been working on some of the pavement areas - long boring job and have had to make some compromises...which you know about.I don't mind sending you a few screen shots! I had to do some redesign to take the 747. There is a real one parked at filton but taxiing is a real challenge at some points.AI still plays up and I was reading about starting from the ramp because I only get hassle if I don't start from the ramp! Maybe it's inherent.Anyway I will send some shreen shots when I can....soon. Taxigraph I'll have to work out how to do.Might get a chance later.Rob.