Sign in to follow this  
Guest twsimfan

Chat Sat, Feb 28... Gonna be good!!!

Guest twsimfan

Hi guys,It is that time again. Official start time is 14:00 EST... you can start early or late but that is when I start running the log.:-yellow1 :-jumpy Lets see if we can get some really good turnout this time!! :-ukliam :-yellow1

Guest twsimfan

I guess Cristian brought up the question last time around as to why we don't use that channel which was created for that purpose. Now Bob has raised it again. So I guess we should.

I should be able to attend for at least a couple of hours from 14:00 EST (19:00 UT).Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Staggerwing

>I guess Cristian brought up the question last time around as>to why we don't use that channel which was created for that>purpose. Now Bob has raised it again. So I guess we should.And that would be the #FURF channel rather than the #FU3 channel :-)

Guest twsimfan

Stag,"And that would be the #FURF channel rather than the #FU3 channel :-)"Yes. :-sun1

Guest twsimfan

After 2 hours with just Bob, Chris Low, and a guy calling himself 330 who is an expeert on airline seat pitch Chris left and Bob & I have gone to race.There isn't enough of a log to bother posting it.We will have to try another pole for something for next time.

Yes, the airline seat pitch conversation was almost as exciting as the cheese debates of chats gone by. Ahhh, the memories..... :-lolChris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Staggerwing

Had just signed on to find only myself... now I see the time was moved up for this one. Slipped right by me..

Guest Quaxo

Damn! I have been spending some time in the #fu3 channel... all alone... Only after some time I realized I should move to #furf... I went there at 22:45, CET, and there was no one left!... :(Next time I'll have to read more carefully... :-Cristian

Guest ChrisD

Hmmm.This is the time I joined the chat last time. Still on-line were at least 5.Today it seems that all has just abandoned the whole thing.A couple of questions for the people in charge: Why on Earth was it neccessary to alter the name of the channel???Everybode knew that RF was there anyway...Seems that the mixup were to blame for at leat some of the failure, as I was not the only one who logged into FU3 by 'old habit', found it empty and 'remembered'....Well, 'nuff said. Just my two pennies.ChrisD

Guest twsimfan

Guys the chat started at the same time it has for about a year and a half. As far as the new channel... that was Matt Johnson's idea... he has one of those gold moderator thingies. But I monitored the old #FU3 channel the whole time and the only one who showed up there was Mr. 330.

Guest Robert_S

I don't think you missed any racing, Phil, unless you have 4x4 EVO 2.Truck racing through junkyards and pools of oil, GPL or NASCAR it is not. :-)[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Guest Robert_S

Chris,"Why on Earth was it neccessary to alter the name of the channel???"AVSIM has #FURF set up with a @chanserv bot to watch language and such, #FU3 does not. It was set up quite some time ago, and the past few chats should have been there. We decided to do it right this time, and it was explained in the chat announcement both here and in Racing Fools. We're sorry it threw some folks off, but Tom did keep himself visible in both #FURF and #FU3 in case anyone showed there. Unfortunately, except for Tom and I, no one but Chris Low showed up during the first couple of hours, so when Chris left Tom and I went off and did some truck racing. Hopefully things will work out better next time. :-)[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Guest Motormouse

Sorry I couldn't make it,my isp decided to do 'maintenance' on its' servers this w/e from 21.00 z until 06.00 z (!!) kept getting a 404 error, then I checked my e-mails and got the user info one...aaarrgghhh:-wavePete