Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

What a day...........

I have had several relatively close encounters with AI planes today. My first flight was between Boeing Field and McChord AFB, and the first screenshot below illustrates a close encounter with a Phoenix Air Boeing 747-400 just after take-off.The second screenshot shows an Excalibur DC10 to my right, shortly after take-off from Oakland International on a flight to San Jose International. This was my second attempt at this particular flight. I had almost completed the trip previously (I was on taxiway Yankee at San Jose), when I had to stop behind an AI 747. This was stuck in direct opposition with a Learjet (which is something that I am currently trying to eliminate). Anyway, I decided to sit there until both planes vanished (FU3 does this when AI planes do not move for several minutes). However, a Ryanair 737 was waiting behind me when both planes vanished.......and proceeded to run right over me before I had a chance to start moving :-eekScreenshot No.3 demonstrates the disastrous conclusion to my second attempt at this flight. I was turning left over San Francisco Bay, having just changed frequencies from Oakland Tower to Bay Approach. The controller had just confirmed radar contact, and then she informed me that a 777 was less than a mile away at the three o'clock position. I flicked my joystick hat switch to the right....and had just enough time to take this screenshot before the Excalibur 777 smashed into me :-eek This was the first time that I have ever had a midair collision with an AI plane !The fourth and fifth screenshots show the wreckage of my plane plummeting towards the blue waters of San Francisco Bay.You might be happy to know that I successfully completed the flight at my third attempt :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest R_Driscoll

And my momma always told me it wasn't the fall that hurt you, it was the ground. Just goes to show.I have found that with high AI settings, its best to start at the ramp. I've had to restart so many flights recently after being ploughed over by some agro AI on the piano keys that its not worth it.But if you start from the ramp, there's the time problem of waiting for the AI's to leave. Hence, taxiway takeoffs !!!!Sorry, gotta go, someone from FAA at the door.

Guest jonpoint

You know why the AI always seems to have it in for you, don't you? It's us aircraft developers testing crash models - the AI is just trying to get us back :-lolSeriously, last night, whilst aimlessly crashing my new creation to see how well(?) it falls apart, I decided to do some 'kamikazi' flying around SEA! Aim straight at an AI on the taxi way and BOOM :-bang A 777 just spooling up? Bango :-badteeth Look, there's a 737 trying to get away - I'll just cut in front, turn into his nose... WHOMPO :-wink2Sorry folks, maybe the LGS boys spent too much time crashing the B400 into the AI...I think the USAF has been told to destroy any of my planes on sighting :-lolSorry guys, real sorry...:-wave******************* Jonathan Point *******************

Robert,I wouldn't dream of starting a flight from anywhere other than the ramp. Part of the fun of FU3 is taking ages to get to the runway threshold, and waiting for other planes to take-off and land in front of you....particularly now that so many of the AI planes look great. Ansgar's 747 looks awesome when it is the plane in front :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest R_Driscoll

Quite right too. I like doing it all properly. Except when I'm just trying to check for the latest small modification to the scenery and only have 10 minutes before bedtime and ...But the only time I use the PgUp cheat is when I'm in the Blanik! (except when I'm just trying to check the latest really really small modification to the scenery and only have 1 minute before bedtime and ...).I also don't like sitting on the taxiway too long in stormy conditions - I hate the feel of being vulnerable to the next gust of wind and like to keep some forward momentum if I can. How would we survive without windsocks?And Robs, I can help with the taxiway too. I've been trained by the expert (Chris). Anything you want to know, just ask me. Empty nodes, crossovers, missing lines, multiple runways etc - I'm your man. :D Cheers all,RobD

Ansgar,Does this mean that you have some authentic sound files for the Concorde ? I already enjoy the reverse thrust sound of the Beechjet, so the thought of hearing some realistic Rolls Royce/SNECMA Olympus turbojets in FU3 is making me shake uncontrollably with excitement :-eekNow.....didn't you tell me that a second beta version of the new AI Pack was being prepared ? ;-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest R_Driscoll

OK, Ansgar, now I am warned. I will bring a brush and comb in my plane in case I end up taxiing behind your Concorde.

Ansgar,A rutting Finnish elk ?!! :-eekThere must be some strange sounding animals in Finland if a large deer can be compared to an Olympus turbojet :-lol :-lol :-lolChris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png