Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Awaiting dispatch............

I checked the website of the company that I am purchasing my new PC from on Tuesday night, and my order details had changed from "processing order" to "awaiting dispatch". That made me think that the computer would be sent yesterday, and then delivered today. Unfortunately, it was still "awaiting dispatch" yesterday afternoon....so I phoned them. I was informed that a fault had been detected in testing, so it had to be taken back to be fixed :-fumeAnyway, I am now hoping that it will be sent today, which would mean delivery tomorrow. I certainly hope so. The prospect of a Monday delivery really doesn't appeal to me. I would simply be wandering around all weekend like a lost sheep, with loads of time on my hands, and NO COMPUTER TO SET UP :-eekKeep your fingers crossed. I want to be flying in FU3 over the weekend....in bad weather.....with smooth framerates ;-)By the way, does anyone know how to set up the weather so that it is raining all over a scenery region, with virtually no wind, and a cloud deck that is around 4000 feet high ? In other words, I would like to be able to fly underneath an overcast sky, with constant rain, and yet still be able to see the ground ? Maybe the weather upgrades in my flt3.cfg file (courtesy of Laurie Doering) can be modified to allow this ?Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Motormouse

Hi Chris, try playing with this linesky_RainOpticalDepthHW 800change the 800 (it represents height in feet,or maybe metres, its' ages since I messed about with these settings,I'm happy with 800 :-lol) to whatever you wantit'll be 'trial and error' to get the results you want.As for raining all over a region, you can make your own weather file using Markus' Weather Unlimited utility. (And InfoMetar if you want 'real world' weather):-wavePete

Guest Motormouse

Set your 'haze' slider at about 1/8 of the way from minimum (under Weather in the options menu):-wavePete

Thanks Pete....but what is that zip file ?I have now been told that my new PC is being dispatched today, so it should arrive tomorrow. I will make sure that someone is at my home when it arrives. The prospect of a Monday delivery is just too horrible to contemplate......Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Motormouse

"Thanks Pete....but what is that zip file ?"zip contains 2 .wsd weather files for you, simply click on thezip attachment and download to your pc.Extract the files to your flight 3/weather folder, when you next go flying,use weather options LOAD tab to find them.:-wavePete

Pete,I have installed those two weather files, but they do not appear to work. Clicking on LOAD, and then skimming down to your two files shows two blank spaces. When I click on these, the name of each appears on the weather screen (Chris Low's Rain* and More Rain), but the weather is just the default calm and sunny....with NO CLOUDS IN SIGHT :-eekChris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Motormouse

Don't be fooled by what you see on the weather choice screen.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/66740.jpgcomes out in flight as thishttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/66742.jpgFor some reason not all bad weather created by weather unlimited shows' up as black clouds and overcast.here's another .zip to try out,same weather, just different names.(If the zipped files still don't work,it might be my new anti-virus scanner at fault, it reads all outgoing files for 'virus-like' words/code and makes changes automatically,even inside .zip archives)

Guest jonpoint

It's either marvellous (and he hasn't stopped playing long enough to reply) or it isn't (and he's waiting to go back to work to eamil his discontent...).New computers can be wonderful - or totally frustrating ;)PS I hope it's the first one, Chris ;):-wave******************* Jonathan Point *******************

It has taken me all weekend to solve a problem that stopped me from installing Windows XP. As you can imagine, not much else can be done without the OS installed :-)Basically, Windows XP could not detect the hard disk at the start of the install process. This was because it cannot detect Serial ATA hard disks without the required drivers (which are not included on the XP CD), and these must be on FLOPPY DISK. I discovered that these drivers HAD been provided.....but only on CD.I have e-mailed the computer company responsible for building my PC, and advised them that these drivers should be provided on floppy disk in the future(together with the instructions required to use them; press F6 at the start of the XP install process) ;-)Anyway, I now have an (apparently) stable AMD Athlon 64 3200+ PC up and running. I have the latest graphics drivers (ATI Catalyst 4.3), and VIA chipset drivers (4.51) installed, together with DirectX 9.0b. FSAA and AF have been set at 6x and 16x respectively for my 128Mb ATI Radeon 9800 Pro :9If the speed at which it formatted the hard disk (NTFS) is anything to go by, then I am looking forward to the results :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png