Sign in to follow this  
agtim

New elevation quality for FU3.

Hi Ansgar,All this files are for the full Europe and Asia part of the world !For Switzerland there was just 21 to download, no problems even with 56k.I have the files and conversion tool so I can create elevation maps from bsq file using a new version of GeoTilesViewer - under construction.The new method needs a reworking of the elevation of all water surfaces - they are never flat. http://www.agtim.ch/fu3/images/NP4.JPGhttp://www.agtim.ch/fu3/images/NP5.JPGhttp://www.agtim.ch/fu3/images/NP6.JPGThe new elevation can be used for the old Switzerland edition. I will post a new geotiles.tag file after finishing the first part (Geneva to Mt.Blanc).We can't automize the process. Texture and elevation has to be adjusted manualy (I use GIMP with layer technique) You have to move the river in the valey and not across the hills :-):-wave agtim

Hi Robert,Switzerland and UKS are together in 1 installation without Seattle and Sanfrancisco.To fly between needs a lot of time without texture or poor texture.When we have France one day - then it makes sense.Whit the new elevation we can create any region but there exist no conversion from MSFS to FU3 format so you must extract the picture.Extracted pictures from MSFS are not ortho corrected as needed for the build in FU3 using GenQuadrant. You have to convert the picture, rotate and rescale to get a 4096 by 4096 targa file for an area of 16384m by 16384m that's all - but a lot of work.every new region is welcome, but I will not do the job, just help at questions. Have to do for monts with Switzerland and UKS.:-wave agtim

Guest R_Driscoll

This is the best scenery I have seen in FU3. The colours make it way ahead of all of other regions, and the hills are just superb. You should enter these pictures in screenshot competitions. Gliding in this new region would be out of this world.RobD.

Guest Ansgar

Hello Andre, stunning fotos, absolutely stunning! That with the download are good news. Fine to hear also that we could have that resolution also for the whole europe and asia area ( I

Ansgar and Robert,Thanks for the positive feedback. I know this area of Switzerland and it's really looks near as in reality - just you will loose your lisence when landing there for real ;-)Elevation is one thing and I will upload it in a couple of weeks ( are away for 2 weeks ) and have to correct elevation at somes places. The other thing is the texture - not contained in the old Switzerland Kit and too large for an upload :-(we will have to find a safe solution for that.:-wave agtim

I just want to add that I can download files of any size and I can burn CDs. Hence, if you choose to upload megabytes of maps to an FTP server I would be happy to help distribute them.Hans Petter

Guest glidernut

Like Hans Petter, I am also prepaired to help distribute them.Thats one thing I can do.But there is that same old problem of copyright!glidernut.

Hi AllThanks for help in distribution,now back again and work will continue :-)Will mail a message when ready :-wave agtim