Sign in to follow this  
Guest VFR_Steve

** Hi all you FU3 fans!! **

Guest VFR_Steve

Hi everyone,I've been a solid Flight Unlimited fan ever since 'FU2' was released, it's almost criminal that it's took me till now to register to the Avsim forum to meet all you guys here.For my very first post I've enclosed 3 shots of the stunning UK scenery for FU3.There is also a slight problem I hope you may be able to help me with.. For some reason the elevation data around the addons; Southhampton & Stansted seem to be wrong. Stansted has all the buildings floating about 300 foot above the ground and Southhampton's building are about 20 feet below!!Any help or suggestions I would greatly appreciate :)Anyway I've finally joined and I look forward to a nice stay here ;) In my opinion Flight Unlimited 3 is still THE sim to fly!Cheers,Steve

Steve,I wonder if you have an earlier version of the UK scenery ?Anyway, welcome to the current home of Flight Unlimited 3. Let us know what addons you have, and we can advise as to which ones you need to GET ;-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest VFR_Steve

Thanks Chris! :) I've read your articles in PCPILOT magazine, very good indeed! All I have is the very early version of the UK scenery, I've installed a few addons from the file library but I'm pretty much in the dark otherwise. Any advice on scenery addons would be greatly appreciated!! :-yellow1BTW>> Not sure how it's happened but my opologes for posting this twice?! :-rollRegards,

Steve,I think what I was trying to say was........do you have my two scenery packs installed ? ;-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest VFR_Steve

I don't think so .. which are they and where can I download them?

Steve,I have made quite a few modifications and upgrades since releasing my Seattle 2004 and SanFran 2004 scenery packs, so the best idea would be for me to send you updated versions directly via e-mail.If you would like me to do this, then please let me know at the following e-mail address:-Christopher.Low@btinternet.comSeattle 2004 includes extensive upgrades to the airports (all taxiways, lighting, AI pathways etc. have been "cleaned up", and they now look much better than the default versions), and I have also modified the AI planes and added new AI parking spots. In addition, I have added around eighteen new REAL airfields (including trees, tyre or log defined runways, FBO's, hangars, fuel tanks etc), and six lighthouse scenery packages.SanFran 2004 includes some modifications to the airports (including AI plane modifications and added AI parking spots), and a collection of nearly FIFTY scenery packages.Maybe one or two other members of this forum who use my upgrade packs could add their opinions here ?I would also recommend installing the latest version of the high detail AI Pack by Ansgar Avermeyer. This can be found in the FU3 file library here at AVSIM Online, but I could also send you this directly if you prefer. This adds high detail versions of the 737, 747, MD88, Windhawk, Beechjet, Citation, and Cessna AI planes. The next version should also include AI versions of Jon Point's Dash 8 and DHC6 Twin Otter !Best Wishes,Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest VFR_Steve

Thanks Chris! It looks like I have some of your addons installed after all .. I do have Seattle 2004, San Francisco 2004 and the AI pack installed.. via Pc-Pilot CD.I was kind of looking for any UK addons that I may have missed?!Regards,Steve

Steve,I was wondering if you already had them, since you mentioned my articles in PC Pilot magazine. I didn't suggest them simply because that particular version of Seattle 2004 can cause problems for a small number of users (who have the outer terrain scenery installed), but it sounds like you are fine.You may not have noticed, but the following airfields may have "floating" objects, runways etc :-Auburn Academy (SEATTLE)Clover Park TC (SEATTLE)Inglenook Ranch (SANFRAN)Pope Valley (SANFRAN)This is because the technique to flatten the terrain at these locations (described in the text files) doesn't seem to work. If this is unacceptable to you, then I suggest that you remove these particular packages.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest VFR_Steve

Thanks for the info Chris :-waveI haven't experienced any problems with 'floating' objects although I remember having to delete a few airports so that the map would load up correctly in the Seattle region.Regards,

Steve,Which airfields have you removed ? You can actually remove all of the "extra airports" that the developers added, even if they have not been activated. They are still included in the total number of airport icons in the Seattle region, even if they are not visible on the map.The folders that can be removed from your FLIGHT3/REGIONS/SEATTLE/AIRPORTS folder (assuming that you do not want to keep them) are listed below:-0DPW, 0KWM, 0MAC0MGC, 0NJT, 0PSJ0RMT, 0SSM, 0THW0WBF, 0WDH, 0WEC0WRM, 0YOO, LG1LG2, LG3, WAKWWAP, WAQA, WATWAWC, WSCGThese are all fictional airports, and (in my opinion) were a waste of time and effort. Deleting these will allow you to restore those airfields that you have removed.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest VFR_Steve

.. interesting .. I'll delete those airports and reinstall the other ones.Thanks Chris for your help!! :-beerchug

Guest effyouthree

Chris,"Maybe one or two other members of this forum who use my upgrade packs could add their opinions here ?"Well, my opinion goes without saying. We all have our own favourites -but I tend to overdo mine :-rollThat said, I have most of your packages installed (I still use OT as well) and I enjoy them all!For proof, see the 'ntrees' thread in the forum :-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guest glidernut

VFR_Steve, 8) stansted_ai.zip9) the_solent.zip10) uk.airports_2-pack.zip11) ukpack1.zip12) 2models.zip13) stoneh1.zip14) uk_iow.zip15) ukspack2.zipI think number 15 was the last one on avsim, you best chek that!glidernut.:-wave

Guest VFR_Steve

That's great thanks!!Looking at that list I think I have most of whats available.. shame there isn't more AI in the UK region though..Cheers,