Sign in to follow this  
Guest VFR_Steve

** Hi all you FU3 fans!! **

Guest VFR_Steve

Hi everyone,I've been a solid Flight Unlimited fan ever since 'FU2' was released, it's almost criminal that it's took me till now to register to the Avsim forum to meet all you guys here.For my very first post I've enclosed 3 shots of the stunning UK scenery for FU3.There is also a slight problem I hope you may be able to help me with.. For some reason the elevation data around the addons; Southhampton & Stansted seem to be wrong. Stansted has all the buildings floating about 300 foot above the ground and Southhampton's building are about 20 feet below!!Any help or suggestions I would greatly appreciate :)Anyway I've finally joined and I look forward to a nice stay here ;) In my opinion Flight Unlimited 3 is still THE sim to fly!Cheers,Steve

Hi and welcome!For floating or sinking buildings in any region, please try Glidernut's fix. That is, open the package in FLED, move a building a few feet and put it back where it belongs and then save the package. Usually this will make all buildings snap to the elevation.Hans Petter

Guest VFR_Steve

Thanks for the welcome, I tried what you suggested and it seems to work! .. only there's a small village near Stansted that doesn't seem to want to change elevationThanks again :)

Guest jonpoint

At least you have the version where everything isn't under water :-lolGotta fix that...BTW, Welcome to the FU3 community (although, with UKS, you've been here a while I assume) ;):-wave******************* Jonathan Point *******************

Guest Robert_S

Welcome to the Flight Unlimited forum, Steve! :-waveNormally, our head moderator Tom Wunder would extend his greetings, but he's off for a bit tending to family matters. So as backup moderator (and moderator of the Racing Fools forum here), I'll do the job."Howdy." :-hah[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Guest VFR_Steve

Thanks John! Your assumption is correct! ;).. I have been around enjoying FU series since FU2.. I have also spent some time with Microsoft's FS series although generally I find it very boring and lacking the feeling of 'being there'. There are so many other things to watch out for in FU3.. like for example the weather.. it can really get dangerous out there! Also failures which is always something that's so unpredictable in reality. In FS you always feel very safe.. try going straight through a storm in a Cessna 152 and in FS2004 you'll be just fine!! .. anyway sorry off my soapbox already! :-violinRobert>> Many thanks for the welcome! I hope Tom can be with us again shortly.Cheers, :-newbie