Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

FSAA and AF

I have set the FSAA and AF with my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro graphics card to 6x and 16x respectively. FSAA appears to be working, but I am not convinced that AF is working correctly. The visuals in FU3 are currently inferior to 4xS FSAA and 8x AF with my old GeForce 3 Ti 200.I am using the latest Catalyst 4.3 drivers, and I am wondering if they may be the cause of the problem. I was actually using Detonator XP 30.82 drivers with the GeForce card, since these appeared to give superior visuals when compared to the later drivers.In addition, does anyone know if I can use 6xS FSAA using RivaTuner with earlier versions of the Catalyst drivers ? I was using RivaTuner with my GeForce 3, and this seemed to improve the graphics to a certain degree.Any help would be appreciated.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hello Chris.Congrats with your new computer I am not a Graphic guru, but I don't think you will have full advantage of the new graphic card with FU3.This new cards has new drivers supporting DX.9 and I do not think you will notice more difference than DX.7.0 with FU3.Maybe some, but not as mutch as you would expect.I have also new drivers for my ATI card, but using FU3- nothing comes close to my old system Win.98SE combined with the old VOODOO 5 card.That shows the FU3 software of today.I wish E.A. would be a supporter.Lars Peter.Ps.More FU3 stuff over at the screenshot forum.:)

Lars,I'm just wondering if some of the earlier Catalyst drivers would be more compatible with FU3. I think that the Catalyst 3.10 drivers are the latest ones supported by RivaTuner, and it was this utility that really brought out the best in my GeForce 3 Ti 200. In fact, it is quite possible that AF is working, since I believe that setting the FSAA to 4xS (that "S" is very important) seemed to make the greatest difference.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Chris.There is a chaptor/link for ATI drivers in the Flight3.readme file.If your drivers does not meet your needs, you can try to ask thecompany about what is best for FU3.Hope this helps.Lars Peter.