Sign in to follow this  
Hans_Petter

747 -- SFO to SEA

Since I admitted to being a Baron kind of person I figured that it was time to fly something heavy again. I took the B747 from San Fransisco to Seattle and here's a few screenshots.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/69499.jpgHere I'm cruising over beautifully rendered outer terrain (well, the haze helps :-)) You didn't know that Lufthansa serves the US west coast, did you? They do now, thanks to Ansgar aviation inc :-)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/69500.jpgThe Seattle region is coming up!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/69501.jpgHere's a telltale snow-capped mountain.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/69502.jpgCalifornians, please buckle up, quit smoking (it's bad for you anyway) and raise your seats to the upright position. We're coming in!Hans Petter

Guest VFR_Steve

Great shots!! :-eekI never have got round to taking that beast up for a spin .. it looks .. err .. way to big for me to fly lol :-doh

Hans,The graphics on that final screenshot seem a bit....strange.I'm going to persevere with Ansgar's 747. I let one test flight dampen my spirits, but I really would like to be able to fly this baby. When Ansgar sends me the Lufthansa textures (they look better than the old Virgin Atlantic colours), I will try again.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Chris, that last screenshot was reduced in quality several times to get below the 125 kb limit. If I'd cropped the image or reduced the size it might have come out better.Hans Petter

Guest R_Driscoll

Good to see Lufthansa still rules the skies! That's a nice trip. Did you use Markus' ATC stuff for setting up the flight plan? Or just wing it?I had great problems with the Grand Rapids package - FU3 would always crash when I flew there. Has anyone done this flight recently? My favourite long distance flight though is of course to the Grand Canyon - very spectacular! I support fully any plans to one day render this photograhically (hope hope). And the Grand Canyon airports are very cute. But generally I'm more comfortable with photographic scenery.Anyway, nice shots, nice plane, well done!RobD.

Guest Pieter

I presume the flight was not done with ATC in command, or could you manage? I tried this a few times with our beloved smaller jet, but could never get ATC to play with me all the way. Just did the departure and then the outer terrain by myself; then announced the arrival again...PieterPS I did the trip both ways.

I'll admit that the flight planning was limited. Basically, I headed north and used the AP to control altitude and heading. Then I monitored the GPS for upcoming airports and consulted my atlas. Let's call it an AP-assisted VFR flight from San Fransisco to Seattle :-)Hans Petter

Guest CaptRolo

Very Good Hans . I like that definition.I too have flown both ways and I use "is with you " to ATC when entering region . CaptRolo