Sign in to follow this  
Guest daveL

Problem running under W2K

Guest daveL

Hi all,I installed FU3 a long time ago under Win98, but it always crashed. I since discovered the NVidia patch, but my Win98 is now effectivly dead following hardware changes and I've tried to run this installation of FU3 (on the D drive from my old Win98) from a new W2K installation (having heard bad things about trying to install it on W2K).It seems to start, run and fly OK, except for one major problem - it can't seem to find anything other than the low-res scenery, and permenantly displays a box inviting me to "Please load the Flight Unlimited III Scenery Disk I into the CDROM"or words to that effect. I've tried loading it into the cdrom, it makes no difference, and the dialog refuses to exit my windshield. All the scenery is installed (it comes to ~2gig) so I'm assuming that somewhere along the line it needs to look up a registry key or a config file on the C drive which now no longer exists.If anyone could give me any information on what is required to get FU3 to find the installed scenery I would very much appreciate it!Cheers - Dave

Region.cfg:reg_name Seattle-Tacoma Metropolitan Areareg_cd_path e:flight simulatorsFU3cdromseattlemapsreg_cd_levels 2reg_terrain_disk_name Flight Unlimited III Scenery Disk 1reg_icon sanfran.gifreg_north 1.27409035reg_utm_zone 10reg_utm_offset 480905.14 5177413.47reg_width 10reg_height 10reg_airport seareg_sealevel 109reg_timezone -8etcYour path is most certainly different from mine. Check out the second line in the above list and match it with your path to the maps :-)Hans Petter

Guest daveL

That's fixed it :-) Drive d under win98 had become drive g under w2k. Its about 4 years since I bought it and I've now just run it properly for the first time!Many thanks for the quick response.Cheers - Dave