Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

FU3 seasonal palettes?

It has been a while since I played FU3 and I lost the winter/fall palettes (for snow in Seattle during winter). Can someone post them here attached to a message? They are no longer available from the old forum posts. Also, maybe they should be uploaded to the file library?

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest glidernut

JimmiG,Iv just put thees together, with the intetion of soumone "perhaps you" uploading them up to the library,but I think I am several paletts sort? I thort there was a grater veriaty than this,Perhaps Hans Petter has sum more?This palette changing bizines is Hans Petter,s baby.glidernut

The problem is to make scenery objects and terrain match the season without messing up other (or, some) features. I may dabble into this again but it's bound to entail compromises :-)Hans Petter

Guest R_Driscoll

Hans, I suggest that this be treated as two separate issues:1) a simple version, that simply installs the improved default palette that you created, with instructions on installing, as a palette upgrade for the Seattle region. If its not too much trouble, could you get something of this form uplaoded to the avsim library?2) longterm, a more complex version with four seasonal palettes and a method for the user to swap them in and out at his whim (eg a batch file run before launching FU3). I'm sure agtim could write something like this!As I've said before, I find it difficult now to go back to the old (orangey-yellow) palette, and the enhanced colours are much nicer. This should be promoted and publicised through the library as soon as possible! Let's see white snow! And of course I am using your latest palette. I also enjoy glidernut's winter palette, but as you said, the models don't blend in so well there. Maybe sometime someone (oh oh!) can rewrite all of the models in four seasonal palettes! Ideally you would need for each new object created:1) a close and a distance model = 2 BIN files2) 4 seasons x 2 regions x day/night = 16 MIP files!Argghh - I think I'll take up fishing.RobD.

After I get done with some work, visit to the dentist etc I'll upload the standard "shift-towards-blue" Seattle palette. But then, you were really the one who made this palette rather than me. I may upload a palette with a ReadMe describing how to implement it through ResViewer. If so, it'll be another Driscoll/Roverud upload :-)Hans Petter

Guest R_Driscoll

That would be great! Hmmm, I'm visiting the dentist too next week - see you there? Ahhh, the thrill of the drill - like a GB in a power dive ...RobD.

Well, the dentistry went quite well.I just uploaded the revised standard Seattle palette. I hope I got it right :-)Hans Petter