Sign in to follow this  
agtim

FU3 static models from MSFS Scenery

Objects in MSFS are built from planes having 2 triangles. Transform is moving the plane to the right position. So you can build hangars, towers, houses ...in a quick way. Without transform statement, the part is centered.http://www.agtim.ch/fu3/images/BGL2E.JPGhttp://www.agtim.ch/fu3/images/bgl2e_1.zipThis are the first results using bgl2e http://www.agtim.ch/fu3/images/SAMPLES.JPG :-wave agtim

To Robert,You can reply here but must scroll the browser to the full right.My large picture is shifting the links to the right, out of the windowIn the BSC call I had to select the scale to 0.5 to get the correct size of the models. Remember, one terrain square in FLED is 2mx2m. :-wave agtim

Guest R_Driscoll

Silly me. Of course.The translated models look excellent.But there is one problem. Someone has put grafiti over two of your sheds.It looks very realistic.Does your conversion utility work for complex shapes (like domes, circles?)RobD.

Hi Robert,Yes complex as long they are built using texpolyThis restaurant of the La Cote (LSGP) airport has more parts than BSC.exe can handle, so I mus brocken it into 2 files. 1. the building2. the gardenthere was 18 bitmap used ! http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/72512.jpgFor static aircraft models MSFS uses shadedpoly and moveto drawto creating bitmap by comands. This is not working in my actual version and there is still a lot to do to understand bgl-asm files. :-wave agtim

Guest R_Driscoll

I think I only used one bitmap for all of parliament house, and only a few for Buckingham palace. I must be more economical. :)The modelling detail here is excellent - I think importing models from MSFS (with author's permission of course!) is an excellent idea. I don't mind building the models, but extracting good textures from a few poor photos takes ages! This would save me heaps of time and make it possible for much faster package construction.RobD.

Robert, That's was the reason for me to make this utility.Many pictures are excellent, even not economical.They use a lot of bitmaps and don't try tu put all in one for a single hangar but you can save a lot of time using it and for Switzerland there are a lot of finished airports available, for UK also. :-wave agtim

The BGL2E converter will help to find and extract MSFS scenery models for FU3 in a new and easy way. With the new Version 1.4 you can load the full deassembler output .asm or .csa from the analyzer. After loading all valid objects are displayed in a tree view. Select an object marking the object item and then click on export to e.The e file is then built, and using the batch file BSP and ModelViewer are started also. Just count to 2 or 10 depending of the computer power and take a look at the model in the modelviewer.The bglanalyzer can output a list of all bitmaps used by the bgl-file.Transform each bitmap to a 256x256 gif with the correct palette for the region you want and create the mip files. If placed in the workfolder you can then see the new model in seconds after export.Here is the Download Link: http://www.agtim.ch/fu3/images/bgl2e_14.zipTo Glidernut: look for the msfs scenery ch03-gb.zip at avsim, there are static soaring stuff inside :-) :-wave agtim

Guest glidernut

agtim,Iv got the ch03-gb.zip and Im looking throow it nouw.Useing your 1.4 Version of your BGL2E converter is #### beeing a kid in a sweet shop or beeing a kid at chistmas, I just carnt put it douwn, I just have to see what the next model will tern out to bee,and there is always another one after that.This new Version realy is easy to use, and in conjunction with a bat file its quik as well, when I got organized I was able to see a new model every 6 or 7 seconds.With a few models from the abuv that got my atention, I will hav a go at RobD,s FixMip.exe.Iv not got anything too show just yet, but I hope to hav sortly.It is so good too work with sutch marvalas tools.Thankyou agtim its briliant.glidernut:-wave:-jumpy

Yes, I'm sure it's brilliant but I must be doing something wrong :-)I can make *.sca files with the bgl analyzer. But then, when I load them into bgl2e most of them are unusable. I downloaded the Swiss FS scenery and got a long list of models in bgl2e. I singled out one (unchecking the rest) and tried to make an e-file. Nothing happened. Version 1 of the bgl2e, however, does seem to make an e-file. However, when I open the e-file in Notepad it doesn't contain any useful values.Any idea what I'm doing wrong?Hans Petter

Guest glidernut

Hans Petter,You singled out one and (unchecked the rest)!!Yes thats what I did rong at first,No dont do that, Just highlight the (# Object: # number) line, of the one you want and then (Export to E).As meny if not most bgl files are full of useles onfo.I sergest you try looking at the zip sergested by Andr

Hi Glidernut, thanks for positive reply :-)Hans do use check marks just as visual help, they are not used internally for the selection. Just as Glidernut explains, click on the object item then you will see the name above the export button.When you see the object number there then click export - thats all.many bgl are unusable and to save space I delete all unusable objects in the tree. At the top you see the total number of objects in the bgl (143) but there are just about 50 in the tree and even not all are usable.You can buid your own bgl with selected objects from libraries. Download and install the free tools Airport for windows and VOD Visual Object Designer. With this tool you can generate small bgl files with the model you want - have just used this way to generate antenna towers.Nothing todo on 3-D, just define transparency for the GIF/mip and it was ready to use, do not forget to rename the bitmap in the e-file using t_ prefix.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/75425.jpg :-wave agtim