Sign in to follow this  
Guest Motormouse

Slightly o/t , video link

Guest Staggerwing

Hmmmm, failed to play :-(Something about the "source code" missing etc.

Hello.Yes the effect from this oil was indeed scary to look at.It was like a huge propan heather.Thanks for the link.You need a windows mediaplayer codec installed to see the film.Automatic downloads from the internet when opening the mediaplayer.Lars Peter.

Very 'impressive'. I thought, that it was a joke.B.Adamski

Guest Staggerwing

>You need a windows mediaplayer codec installed to see the film.Automatic downloads from the internet when opening the mediaplayer.Runs just fine if downloaded first. :-)

Guest Robert_S

Would it be possible to request a different seat? :-hah[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Guest Staggerwing

Why? Your hotdogs done ? :-lol

Guest R_Driscoll

Good for runway deicing. Should make this compulsory in cold weather. Though I suppose to be helpful you would have to run the motor backwards so that ice in front of the plane was removed.First time I've seen afterburners used on the ground :) Whose flag?RobD.

Guest Robert_S

"Whose flag?"I can answer that one, Rob.And so can Hans Petter.That's a Norwegian flag!I'm half Norwegian. :-)[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Guest Robert_S

Now you've done it, Stag.You've made me hungry. :-)And I'm WAY overdue for bed. Doc appt tomorrow, it's almost 12:30AM out here on the Left Coast, and suddenly I'm in a posting mood? Weird.[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Guest Motormouse

Yup,its a Braathens Boeing 737,story is its the first start off the engine after installation, hence the 'wet start' as we call it in the business.:-wavePete

Guest effyouthree

I've seen this a few times but never in the dark! Spectacular :-eekLast flight to NZ, #2 on the 747-400 started up, belching brown smoke and crap for a few seconds. So much, it blocked out the window view entirely. The passing attendant leaned over and said 'that doesn't look good' and I laughed (heck, we had 3 other engines...). My colleague wasn't impressed.After landing in Auckland, my colleague made straight for the bar and downed a few beers. He then confided that he thought we wouildn't make it :-lol He reckons I have too much confidence :-rollThanks for posting it, I'll add it to my collection of 'whoops' shots :-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"