Sign in to follow this  
Guest effyouthree

More improvements for FU3!

Guest effyouthree

Dear All,Time to clear some old projects from the desk! I have been working on these for a while (in between aircraft and birds) and thought it was about time to release them. So, what are they?1. New 'ntrees' for Seattle AND Sanfran. These upgrades will replace all existing trees - both the original LGS ones and packages. Looks 400% better (IMHO!). Separate downloads for each region.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/73688.jpg2. New FBOs! To replace the existing LGS FBO1, 4 & 6. After all these years, I was getting rather tired of the old ones! Better looking, withh night lighting too. For both Seattle and Sanfran.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/73689.jpg3. Multiple tree models. These make creating a forest easier and quicker! In varying sizes and types, using the internal 'ntree' textures for compatibility (use the upgraded ones for a MUCH improved landscape...). For both Seattle and Sanfran.See top pic - the denser, more distant ones are the multiple ones. Chris' placements left in-place. This is 'my' Kapowsin, BTW, hence the level, asphalt runway ;)4. Windsock accessories. Huh? Well, a 'segmented circle' with night lighting that can be placed 'over' existing 'socks. Easier to find at night and more realistic. For both Seattle and Sanfran.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/73690.jpgThe first 2 will really improve your visuals a lot. The others are also 'nice haves', especially if you are into creating packages or playing with FLED.Should be in the library later today :-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guest effyouthree

Sorry Folks - bum steer!The FBO upgrade is specifically meant for Seattle, not Sanfran. If demands warrants it, I can upload a Sanfran MIP. Sanfran FBOs generally look better than Seattle ones anyway ;)Again, my apologies and no, you don't have to open FLED to upgrade ALL your FBO 1,4&6s - just run the upgrade :-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Jon,Those trees look rather nice. I will have to try that upgrade on my install of FU3, and see what all the fuss is about ;-)I see that you have upgraded my version of Kapowsin Field. I assume that you have flattened the terrain at this location, otherwise an asphalt runway wouldn't work properly ? If you intend to release this version, can you let me know how you intend to get everyone else's terrain flattened ?Those other little improvements look good too. With respect to the "segmented circle" around the windsock, is this something that exists in the real world, or just a unique way of identifying the airfield at night ?Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest juvat2

Jon,Those models look excellent. Thanks for all the hard work you guys are putting forth.JimB

Guest DLM

Jon,This looks really interesting! I guess i have to come over my fear of "alien" packages and install a few of them so i can enjoy your models.I want more moving objects in my FU3 world! (Not the Allan idea of placing moving objects though ;) )// Daniel

Guest effyouthree

Chris,Well, as the forestry expert in FU3(!), you should have even more to be happy about ;) As much as your packages transform the landscape, with the upgrade, it's a new ballgame.I did flatten Kapowsin because it is... flat that is! Well, flatter than LGS left it. I had no problem with your package - it made Kapowsin into something much better. I just happened to have some (bad) photos from a friend who skydived there about 5 years ago and wanted to get it closer, just to see how hard it was. Well, a bit of flattening, a new strip model and some forestry add-ons and voila!I spoke to Rob last night about the flattening and would like to sort out a script or simplified installation method. I could always package it like Andre's Coupville 'fix' but I don't know if others would feel confident enough. Sure works for me though ;)The segmented circle is a standard airport accessory. In fact, apart from the local glider club, nearly every strip I've been to has them. There are usually traffic markers and marks denoting the active runway as well but I left them out for simplicity (you'd have trouble seeing them anyway). As for the lighting - I've never seen an unlit one!Some info:http://webusers.warwick.net/~u1007204/gs/aptinfo.htmlAll,Thanks for the compliments but please try them out - it'll make your day :-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guest effyouthree

Alan,I would too :-lol Dunno, these developers afraid of a bit of scenery movement (OK, a lot of movement...).Daniel (and All),Yeah, my FU3 has more moving objects than you can poke a stick at... One of my faves for evening flying is my 'carlite0.bin' which has no polygons at all, just two headlights. As such, you can have hundreds of them, like I do! Another one is my flags (which, if I upload my Halfmoon Bay and Kapowsin packages, you'll see). Left over from my attempts to edit the FU3 windsock, I created 16 flags in different nationalities (+ Halfmoon Bay Sailing Club + Kapowsin Skydivers) and use them as moving models to great (IMO) effect ;)BTW, with the new marina at HAF, it's now a great seaplane base too - just land outside the inner breakwater and taxi in. The breakwaters are now solid(!) with navigation lights too. Why? Did I mention my offshore racer, based on the Rennie? A lot faster than the Earnslaw ;)Oh well, that's another upload.Sometimes I think it would be easier to just link my HD to Avsim's servers and let you see it all for real...:-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Jon,If you find a simple solution to include flattened terrain in packages, then let me know. The one that I thought would work in my initial release of Seattle 2004 sadly flopped BIG TIME :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest DLM

Allan,Sure i can handle it! I like some crazy flying from time to time. Beeing a crazy pilot takes a good pilot you know.Something you and puppy are (in)famous for...Jon, That

Guest glidernut

Thanks Jon, or is it "eff you three"? I like that, why am I alwas the last one too spot thees things? dont anser that.Now then your briliant upgrades! A very big mutch briliant too! thay is.I bet you all wish you could spoke good English like what I do?!Thousands and thousands of much better trees planted all in one go, "bludy briliant"!And them tryangl forest trees realy do work well, I am suprysed that other sims havantgot arouned too useing tryangl trees yet, or even tryangl clouds?glidernut.:-wave:-jumpy

I just got the tree upgrades and I'm trying to install the Seattle version. 1. Unzip 'nuntrees.zip' to your desktop. A folder named 'nuntrees' will be created on your desktop.2. Copy your 'modelmip.tag' file from your regionsseattlegen folder into the 'nuntrees' folder.3. Open the 'nuntrees' folder and double-click on 'break.bat'When I run that first batch file I get a long text file that starts with:One or more CON code pages invalid for given keyboard code1221 items 0: name: seaterm3.mip, start 8328709, len 5591 1: name: dk34.mip, start 7243477, len 43835 2: name: rs_10l0.bin, start 617920, len 621 3: name: seapark0.bin, start 534572, len 4952 4: name: rs_05.mip, start 6134556, len 2843 5: name: sequi0.bin, start 1222008, len 1044 6: name: rs_30r0.mip, start 6048948, len 2843 7: name: pier900.bin, start 1027378, len 2026 8: name: bill60.bin, start 482163, len 922 9: name: t_ntree2.mip, start 7914925, len 5591etc etcKeyboard code? All right, Norwegian keyboard with those funny letters

Got it! My keyboard had not been properly set as American or any other flavor of English.However, this seems to be the deal: Unless your keyboard is set up as some kind of English the batch files will not work. Swedes and Polish user take notice ;-) Hans Petter

Guest Allan_D

Daniel, Jon.Yep that's what gives our FU3 character, I use my Oswald Field for a screen saver some times :-lol So many things popping out of nowhere, Helps to hone my pilot skills and the fun of doing silly things with fled.Daniel.I must confess to something, I haven't slept for two years because I decieved you with my ferry boat landingI opened fled made a new ferry boat package, added a ferry boat going 70 MPH in a straight line for a long distance, Then I went out and caught up to it and landed on it, Piece of cake :-lol.When I landed your SR on the carrier I had 7 carriers stacked up in a line, It only took 4 of them the first time and after I'd practiced for awhile I could do it with 2.To put the 747 on the dome I landed on the dome with Tom's Skyhawk while I was recording. Then I took every plane out of my Plnpile except the 747 and played that recording, FU3 uses the 747 in the replay :-lolShould make this into a tips and tricks section.Maybe I could add some hints and tricks to making so many things fly around, cool stuff for sure. LaterHave Fun :-vuurAllan and PuppyBush Flying Unlimitedhttp://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif