Sign in to follow this  
Guest bladex30

Can't get to run FU3 properly

Guest bladex30

Recently I installed FU3 with v2.0 patch but I can't get it to run properly. With 3D acceleration turned on game usually freezes at loading screen after I press FLY button. It usually stops when MODEL CACHE or AI TRAFFIC are loading. With acceleration turned off it starts well but then freezes soon (?10 minutes) after take-off. I have nvidia geforce4 440mx graphic adapter with latest nvidia drivers running.Any suggestions?

Provided you got the right patch, have you installed any addons?You may have too many / incompatible packages. Hans Petter

Guest bladex30

There is something wrong with my RAM memory, I guess. I installed game again and it works first time I run it. But if I exit and load FU3 another time, it freezes while loading a flight ... But then it works just fine if I turn off my comp (just resetting doesn't help) and switch it on again.

Guest effyouthree

Monsieur Bladex30 (your profile doesn't have a handle...),Download and install this:http://hcidesign.com/memtest/MemTest.zipInitially, only reserve about 32 meg for Windows and let it run - overnight if possible. If you have any problems, they should appear within an hour or two (usually).Using this prog, I proved that my supplier had been sold dud chips - even though they were Samsung '100% guaranteed' ones.Works for me - I've found 3 crook simms in my own PCs over the past 4 years :-eekAlso, check your HD. My old Seagate used to 'go to sleep' for no apparent reason. Sometimes, pushing the reset button was the only way to wake it up ;)Regards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guest bladex30

Thanks a lot, I will try it.BTW, I just downloaded your DHC-6 plane and I like it very much, it's a nice plane and a real joy to fly. I hope you will make some more planes for this great sim :)