Sign in to follow this  
Guest glidernut

TigerMoth help at QvdG mostly, but anyone can help,

Guest glidernut

QvdG,You not anser my email so I speek to you hear.I would like to hav a go at doing your TigerMoth,s cockpit, not the 3D F4 vew, just the VFR & IFR & the hat switch vews.Can you send me your TigerMoth.res? Or at leest let me know what difalt aircraft to use?I suspect you are useing the PIPER.RES but Im not shooer.Also, can you tel me what instraments the TigerMoth is suposed to have? See snap.I think that nubers 8 & 9 are the Turn and Slip indicators? but whitch is whitch?And I think nuber 5 is the Altimeter? but what are all the other instrements?Can you or anyone els look at the snap-shot and tel me? And whear should I put the throtle? on the left or the right?glidernuthttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/75347.jpg

Guest qvdg

Wow great news !I will be delighted to send the .res tonight (I didn't get your mail). It is in fact based upon the cub. For info I believe Jon is also giving a helping hand - most probably the flight model.In terms of instruments - (need checking)1) Airspeed indicator2) + 3) L & R magnetos4) probably main battery switch for radio5) altimeter7) Compass (note turns in opposite direction to what we are used to)"There was a P-compass in each cockpit. Apart from being the size of a saucepan, these seem designed to confuse by working in the opposite sense to today

Guest glidernut

I got it.Any ideaer what number 6 is?

Guest qvdg

I haven't found any drawings with it indicated . It may be an alternate fuel level indicator - very primitive using a simple floater. I will keep looking.Cheers, QvdG

Guest glidernut

Tiger-Moth cokpit progres report:The F3 vew:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/78267.jpgThis vew is mor or les finished.I hav managed to simulate the glass in the Tiger-moth,s glass vizers, and I think it looks very good!I think this is a first for FU3, and Im tikeld pink!The glass "or perspexs" looks beter flying around with than in a still screen shot like this bicous when flying around you can see the seenary mooving bihined the glass.But as good as the glass looks, there is a doun side to having it!!!The doun side is that it only works properly when you fly with a screen resalution of 800x600.With the other 2 screen resalutions it gose horibly rong and looks real bad.Im luky, 800x600 is my normal FU3 screen resalution seting.Others will hav to set the skreen resalution seting in Options bifor flying the Tiger-Moth.Or sykeal throuw the screen resalutions in flight by presing the Ctrl + r keys, without the +.So should I keep the glass efect and only fly it in 800x600, or bump it? Wate do you think?I supose I could aways do 2 vershions?I am hopeing that no one will mined only flying the Tiger-Moth in 800x600 cus the same tecneekas used in the glass I think can also be used to giv us a simulated mooving propeler in the F2 vew!But dont hold your breth, cus sevarel of my idears hav alredy cum to nuthing and ended up in the bin.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/78268.jpgFlying alongside one of Andre Meystre,s Fled model Tiger-moth,s.glidernut.

Guest R_Driscoll

Nice shots tigernut.That panel is too good for this sim.RobD.

Guest effyouthree

Nice work, John!What's the story with the glass? I think you told me some time ago but I forgot! I wanted to do something similar with the T6 for the sliding canopy (whoops, let that one out...).Anyway, don't listen to Rob - nothing is 'too good' for FU3 ;)If it was, he wouldn't have done all those great models... :-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guest R_Driscoll

Just one small concern here tigernut, you have a sign saying "No smoking". Unfortunately I am an avid smoker - just about every landing I do ends up in smoke. I get through several stacks a day, and although I have read the health warnings ("flying is a health hazard") can't seem to throttle back. I tried patches (the ones for FU2 and FU3) but just seem more addicted than ever. Can you change the sign?The little "clock hands" on the dials are works of art - excellent!RobD.

Guest Stearman

>But as good as the glass looks, there is a doun side to having>it!!!>The doun side is that it only works properly when you fly with>a screen resalution of 800x600.No problem here, John. My usual resolution is 800x600 as well. Those glass effects look great!! I really hope you (all the involved authors) will eventually manage to get the TigerMoth done.I've had to completely reload my computer recently, and have been so immersed in the FS2004 eyecandy since then, that I'm still hesitating to reinstall FU3. I think the TigerMoth might well be the motivation I'm needing.Thanks once again and keep up the good work.

This looks fabulous! If the semi-transparent glass only works in 800x600, so be it. Two separate versions would be fine but my choice would be to fly it 800x600 if that's what it takes.It seems we also need one version for smokers and one for non-smokers. Apart from the sign, the smokers version should have "stained" glass and a few butts floating around :-)Hans Petter

Guest glidernut

RobD, Hi RobD, I was just thinking about you and where you was of late, and then I got your emaile, must be telepathy. its good to hear from you.Hans, Chris, Stearman, "No smoking" ye! Iv been trying to stop smoking sins christmas, Iv tryed the nicotine patches, thenicotine chooing gum and the nicotine lozenges and thay all work well but I found the best sors of nicotine is in tabaco, which is what Im useing at the moment!Im geting very good at quiting, I do it several times a day.Iv swept all the butts out of the cockpit cus its not realy my plane, its mostly Quentins.He just let me play with it for a while. Jon, The glass technique is very low tek,The best afect is 50%, thats every other pixl beibg that transparant green in CockpitDesigner.Iv tryed mor than harf and les than harf useing all sorts of patens but 50/50 is best.If you do mor or les than 50% then you can see the patens which distrys the efect.I dont know why it only works in 800x600, it just dus. Of the 50% of pixls that can be seen, any culor or combination of culors will work just fine in fact a graduated rainbow of culors is most realistik of all, but that was too complicated to do on the Tiger-moth what with there being glass bihined glass and other struts and thingsto be see bihined as well.So althowe I did eech pane of glass a diferant shade of bluw, within eech pane of glass everypixl is identical.The culor only provids the hew, the most inportant thing is how light or dark the pixls are.hear are the 2 extreems, whight on the left and black on the right.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/78383.jpgHo dear! I hope this was a back up I just distryed, and not the last best version!!!!!!glidernut.:-wave

Guest R_Driscoll

Thanks for the welcome-back! You're very kind. I've had a few minor computor problems, and Noah wasn't available to help sort them out. Anyway I'm back together again.Now you've let everyone know your big secret glidernut! But its still very clever and I love the effect! With early versions of FixMip I tried to add partial transparency in the same way - by painting out a proportion of the dots. It was a ghastly disaster (and that's being kind). Even 50/50 didn't work, because objects are seen at different distances not just one distance like the cockpit. In the end I totally removed this from the code.RobD

Guest qvdg

Excellent John. I will have to speed up the texturing and model retouching to keep up with you. I have had to split a few pieces of the model to improve the texture resolution notably on the wing and have had to resolve a few polygon blow-outs. I have got quite a nice ribbed texture now for the rudder and wings. Will keep you all posted.Cheers, QvdG