Sign in to follow this  
Guest juvat2

Hennies Challenge. Good fun. Here's what happened

Guest juvat2

Blocked Fuel Lines then Engine FlameoutsHadn't flown this challenge since installing the new hard drive and Flight Unlimited.Was flying Hennies challenge, Olympia to Bremerton, weather file 28 "Mild Afternoon". Had blocked fuel lines immediately after take-off; re-started engines. Got about 9 miles out trying to get turned around to land back at Olympia, and engines flamed out again, this time my fuel quantity was "0" (tanks were full before taxi), and restart attempts were unsuccessful. Called mayday and was told nearest airport was 7 miles out. That was Aero Plaza (Hoskins Field). I barely made it to 25. Gears still up to limit drag. I ran out of lift just short, drop the gears, dodging trees, and rolled onto the runway. Real lucky was I. Challenge is pretty neat. Had the congratulatory .wav files playing, musical scores, text on screen. I was a virtual hero for a sec there. A well thought out challenge I think. I had 1 "cheat" going. Edited the script so I could fly Ansgars Baron that I'd repainted.Was looking forward to building my flt hours back up. Better luck next flight I hope. Maybe I can find where I put that log book backup file.JimB

Guest effyouthree

Jim,As to your second shot, I'm not surprised she doesn't talk. Could you imagine how much of a nervous wreck she must be by now with all of US as PICs? I've noticed the same thing with Caroline (Dash-8). I don't think she'll ever forgive me for sticking her in that cockpit and subjecting her to our 'ornery' flying techniques :-roll In fact, it was probably all the crash model testing I did. As you probably notice with the Blanik and the DHC-6, nobody WANTS to fly with me any more :-lolThat said, GeeBee Jim is still lookin' 10 years younger and smiling after 2 years in the R2. Must be because he's such a legend, he just takes everything we throw at him with a smirk and a nod! But then, radial-engined wood & canvas taildragger pilots are like that :-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"