Sign in to follow this  
Guest effyouthree

Things to come - soon...

Yes, beta thrust really makes a big difference for turboprops. For those who may not know, some turboprops can run reverse propeller pitch in the air for steep descents. We can't model that in FU3 since our turboprops are based on a piston aircraft. A better match might be the jet aircraft but that seems to cause other limitations. In any event, the Beechjet wouldn't accept reverse thrust in the air.Hans Petter

Guest R_Driscoll

You've lost me in the technical language here. What does 'full beta' mean? (I guess full flaps, nose high).And I think Hans Petter just answered while I was still writing the questions - thanks Hans!RobD.

I assume that "full beta" means "full reverse propellor pitch whilst still airborne".Is this correct ?Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest effyouthree

Dear All,Here's some shots of a couple of new AI planes that you'll be seeing more of soon!A BA Dash-8 playing chicken.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/78515.jpgA Phoenix Dash-8 climbing out of Seattle.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/78516.jpgThe landing lights work with the gear down...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/78517.jpgAnd turn off when it's retracted!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/78518.jpgOne of the 2 new DHC-6s. There is also an 'Era' livery, similar to the flyable version. There is also a Horizon Dash-8 livery as well - you just can't post that many shots ;)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/78519.jpgThe DHC-6s will get the 'prop' before release too :-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Excellent stuff, Jon. Now we just need Jokke to change the runway take-off and landing distances (and the engine sound effects) in aimodel.dat, and the next version of the AI Pack will be done.:-jumpyChris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest effyouthree

OK All,* Props and lights done on the DHC-6.* 'Chinook' and 'Era' liveries done for the DHC-6.* Dash-8 models completed.* 3 liveries done for the Dash-8; 'BA' (for UKS), 'Horizon' (for US) and 'Phoenix' (for either).I tested them last night and everything seems fine. Do we want one more livery for the Dash-8? I have a half-done 'Ignited' but it looked a bit boring so I switched to the Phoenix one shown here. How about an 'LGS'? I could do anything with that...As to sounds, I need to find out some things here. I have plenty of good turboprop sounds but I have to know what the game does to them in order to achieve the right(*) sound. For example, in flyable aircraft, FU3 plays the startup, shutdown and idle sounds 'as-is'. When you ramp-up the throttle, the idle sound raises in pitch. At some point (20-30%??), the sound is faded out whilst the main 'run' sound is mixed in. The pitch of the 'run' sound starts lower, eventually reaching the original sampled sound at 100% RPM. This makes it hard to have a convincing run-up sound as the idle and run sounds never quite match. (*) For AI, it makes sense to worry more about the idle 'end' of the range, as that is where you will most likely encounter them. Once in flight, the AI sound quality becomes less relevant.*********************************************************************I will put together a package for Ansgar to play with in the next few days - his garden should be done about done now ;):-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Jon,Yes, an LGS version would be nice. As for the BA plane, please be informed that I want to see these flying around Seattle and San Francisco also.Oh, and the orange Chinook Air looks much better than the previous yellow. That particular colour didn't really appeal to me :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Ansgar

Hello Jon,hey that new AI-liveries looks really promising - a well done job!The garden is not finished, but the most work is done now. So as stated before I