Sign in to follow this  
Guest juvat2

Uploaded OuttagC.tag clas map

Guest juvat2

Hi,I just uploaded this. So will be a bit before available for download.Hopefully it will be an aide to anyone wanting to upgrade the outer terrain classification,and elevation detail. If/when I can get the other outtag(a)(:(.tag mapped, they can also be useful for getting orientated applying improved or photo textures using dirtymac's outer terrain editor tool(his tool allows for direct application of terrain textures to the outer terrain .gtl files).File is in .xls so you'll need MS-Excel or Sun Microsystems freeware OpenOffice.org(formerly Star Office) available here its 64mb: http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/4/4/4-4-4.shtmlA shot of one of the tabs. Not pretty at all.You all take care,JimB

Guest effyouthree

Hi Jim,It' still not there :-(BTW, do the (a), (:( and © tagfiles have different functions or are they simply subsets of the outterr area? Sorry, I have no ideas with terrain, although I can flatten it OK now ;) I would love to do some work around the edges, so to speak - even if we only extend it by 25 miles south or west, the improvement would be major. Even a few tiles to cover your lovely lake area, as I really like the varied terrain around there. It's also great for gliding too!Of course, that's just my opinion ;)Regards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guest juvat2

Hi Jon,I've been checking the library daily myself. I think I'll dare to just re-upload, and if the library manager see's the duplicate, they'll just delete one of them.As for the a,b,c tag files. It seems that LGS has the OT broken down into thirds. The "c".tag I started first because I recognized the coastline and "dirtymac" had pointed us to the San Diego tile via instructions in his readme.txt of his gtl editor. The little islands off that coast I thought would be excellent test mules in importing improved terrain to get a "system" sorted out. Well, I'll post this; then go to the library and upload. Zipped file is about 7.6mb. About 1/2 to completely upload on my dial-upJimB

Guest juvat2

Here it is 1112am US eastern, will see if it uploaded. Watching the upload screen, it didn't seem to. Tried twice. Got to the screen for uploading the zip file(step 3 of 4). Well, the status bar slowly filled to blue, then nothing. No popup or new display stating upload successful.JimB

Guest effyouthree

Jim,On a 56K dialup, it may take >30 minutes to load! I have noticed this with my aircraft uploads, specifically the DC3, GeeBee and Dash-8 (they were all uploaded from a 56K dialup). These days, it's faster but, when uploading the DHC6, it still took 15 minutes :-eekI suggest you just persevere and let it run. If it hasn't loaded within 60 minutes, call Avsim!:-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"