Sign in to follow this  
Guest Aubs

Screen Shots

Guest Aubs

Hi all This is my first time so please be gentle with me! :-shy I had some help from Chris Lowe recently and he suggested I should join you. I have been reading the various 'postings'and feel a bit out of my depth with the great work you are doing on upgrading FU3.I look forward to seeing the DH82 Tiger Moth sometime as I have flown in ACDC. Although it was only a 40min flight it was unforgettable. The main reason for me coming on line was to ask how you get the screen shots from FU3. I read in the read me/manual that Ctr+Alt+Pcaptured the screen & Ctr+Alt+Q printed it but I can't get this to work.Thanks in anticipation of your assitance.Aub

Ctr+Alt+P captures a screenshot. It will be saved as a bitmap in your root FU3 folder. Browse to that folder, open the bitmap in an image editor and check it out. Then you may crop it (if required) and save it as a JPG. The latter is important since the forums will accept JPG or GIF only. The reason is that a bitmap is way too big (in terms of file size). Depending on image size and compression a JPG may turn out too big for posting as well. If so, reduce the quality or crop it until you get below the limit (about 120 kb).I don't know about printing by using the other command but it would be quite easy to print out an image after opening it in Paint Shop Pro or Corel.PS If you take a lot of screenshots it's a good idea to move them out of the FU3 folder. Most importantly, delete the ones you don't want to keep.best regards,Hans Petter

Guest glidernut

Welcom abord Aub,Its always good to see a new face.Yes Hans Petter is right, or to put it another way,When flying in FU3 you press Ctr Alt pall at the same time, without the +Then you can cun out of FU3 and go look for the screen shot you just took.You should fined it in your mane Flight3 folder,If youv been presing Ctr Alt P like mad, then your Flight3 folder will be full ofscreen shots, and you might like too delete sum of them.Having founed the screen shot you want, you then hav too make it smaller and changeits mormat from bmp too jpg or gif.Too do this you need a paint program of sum sort.If you are still having problems doing the abuv, then let us know what paint programyou hav, or if you need one?And then we giv you beter instructions.Ps, Youv had 40min in the Tiger Moth! you luky sod! Iv never evan seen it in real life.I will post sum screen shots over on the tigermoth thred soon.Its cuming along very well.glidernut.:-wave

Guest Aubs

Thanks for your help. I understand it now. I did have a FEW pictures in my root directory!! I haven't tried changing the format or printing yet. I use Photoshop 7 so should be o.k.Cheers :-beerchug Aubrey

Guest glidernut

Aubrey,I dont hav Photoshop 7 so I carnt say presisly how to go about croping or resising the pictures to make them small inuf for avsim to acept, but when you do figer that bit outI sergest you try resising them doun to 600 x 400 pixils.Perhaps sumone with Photoshop 7 can giv you presis instructions?Changing the format of a picture is very easzy, all you hav to do is open or look at the picture in your Photoshop 7 and then sumwhear at the top left corner of your Photoshop 7clik on "file" and choos "save as", this sould bring up a dialog box where you can giv it a name and choos what format youwant the picture to be saved as or changed to ie, choos "gif" or "jpg",And note whear it will be saved to, I save it to the desk top so that its easyer for me to fined when I am in the avsin uplodedialog box and useing its browser to navigate to where my picture is.Anyway, With your picture on the desk-top redy to go,go on avsim to where you right your mesag, after or in the midl of your mesage klik on "Click here to choose your attachments",chek the "gif" or "jpg" which ever is apropreat,and clik on "browse" and navigat to where your picture is ie, your desk-top and highlight it.and then klik on "Upload file!" and whate a minit or two to see if the upload was sucsesfalor not, it sould tel you at the top sumwhere. If it says your upload faled bicous it was too big, then make it smaller and try agen, andagen. Go on, hav a go, dont giv up now.No question is too sily too ask.glidernut.

Guest effyouthree

And, if you get it wrong, you get something like this :-lolhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/77394.jpgAh, we all gotta start somewhere! This WAS my first chock-to-chock though and I DID make it back in one piece :-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Get it wrong? That's a superb screenshot! The polygon model of the pilot looks totally real and the scenery is absolutely photo-realistic. Which plane is this? I'd like to download it. Further, if this is the new Australia_Southeast region I'd like to get that one too :-) A note: Please supply the framerate info in the upper left corner. Since you've set up a flight with some haze we're anxious to know how your computer performed, given the scenery complexity :-)Hans Petter

Guest effyouthree

HP,Yes, the pilot uses 23,596 polygons (and that's just my ugly face...). The plane is a Warrior - like an Archer but cheaper... If you want to download it, it comes with it's own instructor, Gino :-lolhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/77423.jpgThe hangars aren't part of the download though.The panel is truly photo-realistic too. Look at those white knuckles...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/77422.jpgScenery is 'Sydney Hi-Res', similar to another photo I didn't post some time ago from a flight I didn't take in an aircraft like a 737 (that wasn't).:-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guest effyouthree

Sorry, H-P!I thought I had one here with the framerate on it ;)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/77424.jpgOh, that's with all sliders on max. Haze was fairly high, as you can see (it was set to 'Winter Bushfire Hazard Reduction Burning' mode in the cfg file) :-lolRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guest effyouthree

Phillip,It's a joke :-lol And no, I'm not going to release a photo-realistic Warrior cockpit with my ugly face in it...522fps? Yeah right!I thought the "10240 x 7680" was the dead giveaway ;) I can't beleieve you fell for it :-rollRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guest Aubs

Thanks Jonathon. What do you think I got wrong here?Aubrey:-)

Guest Aubs

I think I've got this wrong too!!All the BestAub:-zhelp

Guest glidernut

Aubrey,Hels bels, whear did you get them from?well sumone did sumthing wrong there! hope the pilot was allrighr?Did you do the second one your self? if so then you are in grate danger of being recrooted to do sum cockpit work.We are always in serch of sunone good at manipulating snaps.Thanks for shairing them with us, thay shooer put a smile on my face.Jonathon Point,You shood know beter than to put your mug-shot hear!At best it will frighten the kids away, at werst it will crak the screen. glidernut